"Cool," she yawns, covering her mouth. "So it's a no, for dying?" she playfully asks and the doctor looks over at me.

"Why so serious? I'm kidding," she says looking between the two of us.

"Thank you, doctor," I shake his hand and he leaves the room.

I throw my head back, taking in a deep breath.

I bring my head back to look at her and see her playing with a piece of loose thread on the edge of her blanket.

"You said a name... while you were having some sort of nightmare," I say and her eyes dart up to mine. "Something along the lines of 'Alex'? Who is that?" I ask and she swallows hard.

"I- I don't know. Never heard that name before," she shakes her head.

"Nirah-" I cut myself off as the nurse walks in with her food.

She places the tray on the cupboard beside Nirah's bed and helps her sit up straight, adjusting the bed.

She pulls a tray over Nirah's legs, putting her tray of food down on top of it.

"This is all you're allowed to eat at the moment," she almost apologetically says and turns to me. "She has to eat or her healing'll slow down and the seizures will continue. One too many seizures will damage her brain and could be deadly."

I nod in understanding.

"I'll make sure she eats."

The nurse shows us a small smile before leaving.

"Why haven't you been eating?" I ask, crossing my arms over my chest.

She stays quiet for a minute before sighing.

"I kept forgetting and I really didn't have much of an appetite, I still don't," she shakes her head.

She kept forgetting.

"Are you mad at me?" she nervously asks and I run my hand down my face.

"I'm not mad at you, Nirah but I really do wanna yell at you for not letting Logan into the club with you and for not eating but-" I cut myself off as I watch her glossy eyes stare at me with so much hurt and sorrow.

"I'm not talking about what happened tonight," she shakes her head. She looks down and starts poking her food with the fork.

"You were honest with me so no, I'm not mad at you," I say pushing myself up from the chair. "Now stop with the questions."

I walk around her bed but she stops me once again.

"Can I rephrase my question?"

I stare at the door, taking a deep breath in.

"What?"

"Did my truth hurt you?"

I feel my heart beat picking up as the room fills with silence.

Yes, tesoro. Yes it did.

"I want your plate half empty by the time I get back."

And with that I leave the room, closing the door behind myself. Logan sits by idly against the wall and jumps up as he sees me.

"Is she okay?" he asks and I nod.

After a quick call with Cesar, the door behind me opens and I immediately turn, finding Nirah leaning against the wall for support.

"What are you doing?" I rush over to her and she looks between Logan and I.

"I just need to pee," she says, shifting her weight onto her other leg.