Once she got out of the lift, she headed to the front door when she saw the vendor that sold an assortment of brushes and brooms blocking the entrance, she shook her head in irritation and stepped to the side. She dialed his phone number, she hoped that he was alright.

A few rings and he didn't answer.

"Bloody hell." she mumbled as she turned her phone off and shows it back to her pocket, "Where could he be?"

Perhaps he is already at your workplace.

She tilted her head upwards and saw Horus standing across the street, hidden within the shadows of an alleyway. She almost forgot that he chose to be seen by her, which also means he could be seen by others unless she served him as his Avatar.

"Of course, why didn't I think of that?" She chuckled softly in relief and started to make her way to the bus stop, "But it's kind of odd that he left without me."

Perhaps he didn't want to be late.

Elizabeth glanced sideways and saw Horus standing in an alleyway she was about to walk past. He was right, maybe Donna called him early for work, it could be that. Still, Steven would've texted her about it.

As if on cue, her phone started buzzing from inside her pocket. With frantic hands, she pulled it from her pocket and answered it, without bothering to check the caller ID. Her heart was racing in her chest as she waited for Steven's voice to come.

"Hey, where'd you put my bags?" Arabella said groggily from the other line.

Elizabeth released a heavy sigh, pinching the bridge of her nose. "In the living room."

Arabella noticed the sullen tone in her sister's voice, making her worry. "Are you alright?"

"Yeah, I'm fine."

"It's only 8 in the morning and here you are all gloomy and stuff. Are you sure you're okay?" Arabella asked, concern coating her voice as she left the bed.

"Yep, perfectly fine. Anyways, I made breakfast, I left yours in the kitchen."

"Thank you." Ara smiled softly, "Also, I forgot to ask, what time do you usually get home?"

"Around 8 or 9, depending on the boss's mood, to be honest." Elizabeth chuckled at the last statement, but deep inside, she was worried about what Donna was going to say once she gets there.

"Why does your boss seem like she always has a stick up her arse?"

"Beats me."

Both of them shared a light-hearted laugh.

"Okay, I don't want you to get late for work. I'll see you later, okay? Love you."

"Love you too."

Once their call ended, she arrived at the bus stop and got into the first that stopped in front of her that leads to her workplace. She was glad that she was able to spot a seat. Sitting down, she looked out of the window, hoping that Steven would come out from the crowd and chase after them.

When she arrived at the museum, she was greeted by J.B, who, since he got to work, never left his attention on his phone until she saw Elizabeth come in. Elizabeth smiled back at him in return and immediately spotted Donna carrying piles of boxes in her arms.

"Allow me." She told Donna as she collected the boxes from her.

"Elizabeth? I thought you were sick?" Donna asked in confusion as her eyes scanned her from head to toe.

"Yes but I just got better and—"

"You sure you're alright with working now?" Donna asked, Elizabeth sensed a hint of concern in Donna's tone, it was unbecoming and it surprised the brunette.