Atlas' eyes flicker between mine as he searches for the words to say. I watch his Adam's Apple bop. I swear I can see tears brimming his blue eyes, but he blinks quickly to make them disappear.

"You're crazy, Nott." He whispers, "There are no cures for Blood Curses. Even the best Healers and Curse-Breakers haven't been able to find anything in centuries."

A sigh leaves my mouth, "I know." I narrow my eyes at him, "Have you ever been in love, Williams?"

Atlas shakes his head, his eyes still locked to mine, "No."

"Remember this for when you fall for the person of your dreams; you will do anything out of love for them."

***

"Where are we going?"

Fingers intertwined, I pull Celeste out of the castle.

Spring is here. Flowers have started to bloom, leaves on trees are greener, the sky is clearer and the air is warmer.

The sun is setting down right now. The sky is on fire, hues of oranges mixing with yellow and pink.

The sky itself could speak of love, as the sunset blossoms of red and gold.

"You'll see." I smile down at her, my thumb brushing over the back of her hand.

"Are you finally taking me out on our first date?" She grins, the small dimple appearing next to her lips. My heart flutters.

"Yes."

We walk in silence, admiring the painting above our heads as we head towards the Black Lake. The shore is filled with other students just enjoying the view and the warm breeze.

We reach her spot, hidden behind trees and close to the water.

She loves to come here to read and be by herself.

She sits atop the blanket I laid out, her eyes never leaving the burning sky.

As I sit next to her, the tip of my forefinger reaches out to her cheek to push away a strand of hair that has come to stick on her porcelain skin.

Her eyes flutter close at the touch as a small smile creeps up her lips.

My eyes saunter over her face. I really could stare at her for a lifetime.

"What?" She asks above a whisper, her eyes opening to meet mine.

A smile draws itself on my lips, "Nothing."

She leans in to leave a small peck on my lips. Her touch is so powerful. It ignites a fire in the pit of my stomach, increases my heartbeat and clouds my mind.

Celeste has a power over me and I wouldn't trade that for anything.

"This is so beautiful." She whispers, her eyes roaming over the colourful sky.

My eyes never leaving her face, I whisper back, "It is."

I lay on my back and lock my hands behind my head.

I feel whole in this exact moment. The silence is peaceful although we can hear laughter from afar. The sound of water leaping as the light breeze hits my face make me close my eyes to enjoy the moment in a deeper way.

My gaze immediately settles on Celeste as I open back my eyes. She has brought her legs up to her chest, her chin resting atop a knee.

"Cel?"

"Hm?" She hums, her head slightly turning to the side to look at me.

Time seems to slow down as our eyes lock.