2.6 | Road To Forgiveness?

Start from the beginning

"Well, Hawk's opinion doesn't matter, remember? And what do you mean Kreese punched you?" Kalon asked as she sat up straight. "I went in to give Cobra Kai a second chance but the guy sucker-punched me and there was no way, I was sticking around for that," Demetri explained while Kalon took deep breaths to stop herself from hunting the man down and punching him for revenge. "What will you do now?" Kalon asked Demetri, she needed to distract herself.

"I'm gonna check out Miyagi-do as I should've in the first place. Considering our lessons never go to plan," Demetri answered bringing a smile to Kalon's face. "I truly believe that is a better and safer option for you. And I mean that respectfully. And plus, they don't go to plan because of you," Kalon told him with a giggle, Demetri laughed on the other side of the phone. "I know. Maybe you should consider joining with me, it'd make it better for me. And don't blame me, it's your fault for being kissable," Demetri expressed to Kalon who sighed with a smile. "I'm more likely to be a distraction for you as mentioned," Kalon replied as the front door was unlocked.

"Look, my father just got home. I'll talk to you tomorrow!" Kalon told Demetri allowing him time to say goodbye back before she hung up. "Pizza?" Kalon offered her father as he moved to walk past her, he didn't want to overstep after the fight. "Uh, yeah. Pepperoni?" Johnny asked his daughter as he sat down next to her. "Of course, it's that or meat-lovers," Kalon answered him with a teasing smile, the older Lawrence smiled back before biting into his slice.

The two ate in silence as they watched Friends play through season four, Kalon looked down at her phone to see an encouraging message from Hawk about talking to her father. "I, uh...had some time to think and... I don't want Kreese to get between us, dad. I can't fully forgive you for the fight but I can... let you earn that forgiveness back," Kalon said as she turned to her father, he nodded instantly. "Of course, that's all I could ask for," Johnny replied before they both leaned back into the couch.

"So how are you and, uh, Demetri?" Johnny asked Kalon who smiled. "We are good, despite his dislike for Cobra Kai. But other than that, things are really good between us," Kalon answered her father who nodded before letting out a slow breath. "And what about Hawk?" Johnny asked Kalon. She furrowed her brows before looking at her father, "What about Hawk?" Johnny shrugged as he looked from the TV to his daughter, "He talks about you often."

"He does?" Kalon asked with a confused expression. "Yeah. Whenever someone does something wrong ─ knowing you'd do it better ─ he corrects them by claiming you would say this or say that. Miguel does it too but Hawk is always bringing you up somewhere in the conversation," Johnny explained to Kalon who shrunk down in her seat. The encounter she had earlier with him played through her mind, she remembered the butterflies she felt with him in that very moment.

"I, uh─I don't know. We spoke earlier and I feel like we could become friends again but it may take some time, you know?" Kalon told him before looking at her phone. "Time works, Kali. And that's all Hawk and I could ask for," Johnny said before he leaned over and kissed Kalon's head. "Thanks for the pizza. Get some rest and I'll see you in the morning," Johnny told her before making his way out of the living room toward his own room.

Kalon sat in silence for a few minutes before grabbing her bag, keys and phone. She made her way out of the apartment, locking the door before walking over to the Diaz apartment. She knocked on the door, knowing it was late, and waited for someone to answer. Miguel opened the door and smiled once he noticed Kalon standing there, "Hey Kali, what's up?" Kalon smiled and threw her bag at him. "I'm staying the night, movies and snacks. Let's go," Kalon answered before walking past him.

Carmen laughed as Kalon kissed her cheek, "Hey mama Diaz, Yaya. Don't mind us." Miguel's smile widened before the two made their way into Miguel's room, the Diaz boy turned on his laptop and they got comfortable under the blankets. "What are we watching?" Miguel asked Kalon who thought for a moment. "Teen Wolf," Kalon answered with a grin before shoving a handful of M&M's into her mouth, Miguel put the show on and the two spent the night laughing and smiling.

· · ─────── ·✿· ─────── · ·

Rosemary Speaks

Hopefully, the scene with Hawk doesn't feel forced...
Anyway, I had to bring some more Hawk into the story, what did you think?

Things are starting to look up for Kalon in some aspects! How long till it crumbles?

Be ready for the next chapter, everyone...

See you in the next chapter!