2.4 | Best Friends, Right?

· · ─────── ·✿· ─────── · ·

"Hey Kalon, can we talk?" Miguel asked as he stood by her door, she was trying to focus on her sketching ─ something she loved before her life had changed ─ but she couldn't find any inspiration, her pages empty and bland. "Please... I feel like we've been distant since the tournament... I just... I miss my best friend," Miguel expressed from the other side of the door. Kalon sighed as she leaned back against the door, she blinked back tears before taking deep breaths remembering Demetri's affirmations, the words he told her to repeat in any scenario that became overwhelming.

I am human. I am beautiful. I am smart. I am enough. I am proud of myself. I am alive. I am strong. I am more than my demons. I am human.

"I, uh... Just want you to know that I'm just across the apartments if you need me... and, uh, just know that Sensei has been beating himself up about your fight... we all miss you at Cobra Kai," Miguel told her before sighing. "Sensei, uh..." Miguel began ─ it had been a week since Kreese showed up ─ before chuckling softly, "He had us in the back of a cement truck, we had to run so we wouldn't get stuck in the cement... almost got stuck but hey... I'm sure you would've loved watching it happen."

Kalon rolled her eyes as she looked down at the blank page, she couldn't even find the will to draw useless lines; who had she become? She was doing better when hanging out with Yasmine of all people. "You were a balance in the rough edges... I don't want this rift between us to get worse so... let me know if need to talk... I'm here," Miguel finished off before moving towards the living room when he heard the door open and Kalon stepped out with teary eyes. "What did I do wrong?" Kalon asked in a broken voice that tugged at his heart, she needed her best friend.

"You did nothing wrong," Miguel told her as she walked towards him and fell into his embrace, she finally broke into tears as her best friend held her in his arms. "I feel like everything changed so quickly... and things were going so well and then... they weren't..." Kalon sobbed out, she needed this moment of vulnerability, she needed to break. "I know, Kali... I know..." Miguel ran his fingers through her hair as he rocked her back and forth. The best friends reconciled after their distance and spent that afternoon catching up and watching Sam and Colby videos.

· · ─────── ·✿· ─────── · ·

Miguel and Demetri had convinced Kalon to join them at the beach for the day, she was mildly surprised by Hawk's distance and the more friendly persona; She assumed it was because of what he had witnessed between Kalon and Johnny. Kalon sat on a towel, she was in a black bikini top with jean shorts watching Demetri play volleyball with Hawk ─ well, attempt to play. She laughed softly at Demetri's failed attempt at hitting the ball over the net, he glared at her playfully but she just winked at him.

Demetri walked over to Kalon and sat with her as Miguel walked over to Hawk, the two were talking before they glanced at Kalon. They walked over to Kalon gaining her attention, Demetri helped her up before wrapping his arms around her from behind. "Hey guys," Kalon greeted with a smile but she frowned at the unimpressed expressions. "What now?" Kalon asked with a sigh. "Is Robby Keene your brother?" Miguel asked her, Kalon tensed up in Demetri's arms.