"I don't regret a single thing I did because it led me back to you, my mate

"I don't regret a single thing I did because it led me back to you, my mate. There wasn't a single day that went by that I never once stopped thinking about you. When this night is over, you and I will have become one at last, and we'll rule the world together—"

I cut Rogue off as I jerk back and swing my right hand forward. My palm connects with his face with a resounding slap that rocks his head back a bit. Rogue looks back at me as I glare at him, tears welling up in my eyes.

He brushes his fingers against his left cheek, the one with the strange tattoo, and gives me an unfazed expression.

"There's no way in hell I would ever be your Queen, after what you've done!" I growl, Rogue finally releasing me. "I'll never help you! I'd rather die!"

I go to jerk back, to find a way off this dragon, but Rogue grabs my left arm and holds it in a vicelike grip, even as I struggle. He yanks me closer as Rogue tells me, "You may refuse my offer now, but in time, you will come to your senses and see that I'm right, Viv-chan." I continue to struggle in his grip as Rogue reaches out his other hand and lovingly caresses my cheek, making my skin tingle once again. "You and I belong together, Viv-chan. I've always loved you, for you were so full of life. And I'll continue to love you no matter what happens or what I do."

With that, he leans in and kisses my lips, shocking me. The kiss was gentle but deep, full of love.

I was too shocked to return it, so he kisses me a few more times before I finally manage to Requip my rapier and thrust it towards him as it flares bright pink with Linear.

Rogue simply leans to the side and evades my attack, but it was enough for me to do a couple of back hand springs away from the Cheney. Rogue sends me a disapproving look as I land in a crouch and grip my rapier, pointing it at him.

"Stand down, Vivian," Rogue orders me in a dangerous tone. "I'll have you know I have seven years of training under my belt. You're no match for me."

"I won't know unless I try!" I yell before I take off towards him at a run. "Rquip: The Valkyrie!" My body glows gold as I summon my armor. "Oblique!" I thrust my sword forward in rapid succession at the older version of Rogue. He remains unfazed as he morphs into his shadow form and flits around my sword thrusts.

"I don't wish to hurt you, Viv-chan, but you leave me no choice," He says. I freeze when he reappears on my right. I go to slash at him but then Rogue thrusts a Shadow Sword at my right side.

I cry out as it slashes deep through my side and I stumble a little. He swings his sword again and I go to block it only for my rapier to pass right through.

Shit! His sword is made entirely out of shadow. Of course my block is useless!

I scream as the sword slashes my right arm, and I clutch it with my free hand.

"Surrender to me peacefully, Vivian," Rogue tells me.

"Tell me something," I say. "Who kills me and Frosch?"