Episode 12 - escape.

Start from the beginning

"Cmon guys let's go find this exit!" I yell holding both jones and Jonah's hand as I walk down the hall.

Turning left with the hall I see... light? It doesn't look like a roof light or anything. It's orangey kind of colour. The same like in the greenhouse! The outside!

I walk with jones and Jonah to the doorway. I peek over. Ah Jesus! The light burns so I retract my head.

"What happened human?" Jones asks. "It's nothing. Just the light was bright! Let's go, the outside is so close!" I say turning into the bright light.

I lift my arm to shield my eyes from the bright light that engulfed me.

"Ah, I see that you finally made it" I hear the voice from the speaker in front of me.

I look to my left and see a large anthro German Shepard sitting on a office chair. The German Shepard let's out a agitated sigh.

"Hello human it's me the voice on the speakers..." the German Shepard says standing up.

"So... you're here. Up from the top floor down to the first one... You really are desperate to get out... and so must your friends..." the German Shepard says standing still, crossing his arms.

The German Shepard chuckles.

"You defeated my assistant, My lion friend. And you even survived a great fall. Thing is, I've been watching. Watching you since the very beginning... all 3 days of your journey. Being locked out for many hours." The German Shepard explains.

The German Shepard sighs.

"Many of my workers turned into the animals you saw on your way down... due to a accident... Their cars are still outside. They were very rich people. So I will reward you human. Pick one of 3 cars. Follow me and choose your car" he says walking outside.

I look back at jones. "Let's go" I say holding out my hands. Both jones and Jonah hold my hand as I walk outside.
...
...
...
The outside feels nice. The cold wind breezes by us gently. As I walk down the car park with the German Shepard, a building blocks the sun making seeing more easy.

"Take your pick" the German Shepard says crossing his arms.

I turn my head towards three cars. All of them having 4 doors. One is a Mercedes AMG GT 4 door coupé. It's black with white rims. The second is a dodge SRT hellcat. It's red with black rims. The third and final car is a 2020 alfa romeo giulia. It's red with white rims.

Oh my god. Three cars with a value over 50k. But why is the German Shepard doing this? I don't know him... I turn around and face the German Shepard. "Why are you giving me one of these cars?" I ask confused.

"Heh. Human, I just want to be nice! It's not like their owners are going to use it anyways!" The German Shepard says patting my back.

I turn around seeing jones and Jonah touching the cars.

I think of what car to pick. For our journey.
...
...
...

I've made my choice.

The alfa romeo giulia.

"The one on the left" I say pointing at the Alfa Romeo.

"Great choice! Here are the keys!" The German Shepard says handing me some keys. "Treat her well. I'll grab some fuel for yah" the German Shepard says going into the building.

I look at my ride.

I look down at my keys. I press the unlock. In two quick beeps the car unlocks.

I walk to the drivers side door and get in.

I feel the steering wheel of the car.

I get out of the car and open up the back door. "Cmon guys in the back" I say beckoning Jonah and jones. "Alright human!" They both say and hop into the back seat.

"Hey I got your fuel!" The German Shepard yells behind me.

He opens the lid and inserts all the fuel in the canister. "Good luck human!" The German Shepard says patting my back.

I nod in response.

I hop into the drivers seat yet again.

I inset the keys into the car and turn them.

The car starts.
...
...
...
I grip the wheel tightly.

I take a deep breath.
...
...
...
I am ready. Really ready for what this world has to offer. Inhabited by strange beast men.

I look down at the fuel meter. Shit... quarter of a tank... i best find a gas station soon.

I calmly pull out of the parking spot. Suddenly. I feel like I'm angry. This guy kept me in this laboratory for years, And years.

I suddenly floor it. Kicking up some smoke as I do so. I smash through the gate. I pull the handbrake and make a left turn.

I drive off into the city road as the sun begins to set creating a orange glow in the sky.

I hope I can find any remaining humans.

I hope...
...
...
...

Aaaannnnnddddd that wraps the facility part! It has been a lovely few months with you all!

Thank you. And goodbye. For now.