Becky looked at him, confused. "What is she talking about? I'm not leaving."

"I was going to tell you eventually, I promise…" He looked around frantically. "Please just run. I'll be okay."

"No!" Becky sputtered, trying to understand the situation "What were you going to tell me?!"

"Ugh, teen drama." Eradica Frowned, pinching the bridge of her nose.

"I'm…" The boy paused, struggling to tell Becky the entire truth behind the woman floating before them. It was almost as if the words were forbidden. Desperately he looked up at Eradica, who for a moment paused, looking as if she actually felt and understood what had happened.

"It was you…" she breathed, tilting her head, clearly taken aback. "I thought that I had a purpose for finding her… I thought that my creation was something that would be celebrated…"

"Tobey, what is she talking about?"

"You're the cause of this…" Eradica glowered, her eyes narrowing over the boy, an intense hatred coming over her as she realized the truth of her creation. 

He swallowed, cowering down, knowing that no one would ever forgive him for this. 

"How dare you masquerade as someone with morals?" She shot, drifting closer, making rapid, unnatural hand gestures as she spoke. "I knew I was evil from the second I stepped out of that grungy window, but I see now that that wasn't your intention."

Becky watched in confusion, trying to understand the situation.

"You caused this." The robot spat. "If anyone ever accepts you, they're just as big an idiot as you are."

The ground around the pair suddenly began to tremble, crumbling roughly into a thick ring of air. Becky could see long, metal tendrils rising up, snaking through the sky with personified outrage. Swiftly she moved between the arms and her boyfriend, knowing she stood more of a chance at fending them off than he did. 

His mind swam, knowing that this was the culmination of all of his past cruelties, coming to haunt him, and Becky was willing to withstand more torture for his sake. He deserved to die, not her. 

One of the arms rushed forward, its pointed head racing towards Becky, going straight for her heart.

Without hesitation, Tobey shoved her out of the way, sensing them both crashing to the ground.

Eradica waved her hands wildly, directing the tentacles as if it were her horrible symphony. 

The couple rolled, dodging another attack that slammed into the ground next to them, spraying their bodies with dirt and dust. However Tobey couldn’t move fast enough and an arm grabbed his ankle tightly, flinging him up into the air with ruthless passion.

Becky flew, slamming a fist into the metal arm, severing it only for it to regrow, spinning itself further out of the broken ground. Sparking wires shot out from the broken piece. Rapidly she dodged before scrambling to catch Tobey as he came hurtling back towards the ground. As his weight came crashing down on her arms, she felt one of her scratches ripping open, searing with angered irritation. She shouted in pain.

"I'm so sorry." Tobey sputtered, tumbling away from her. 

"Wires…" was all Becky could bear to mutter between harsh breaths. She was beginning to put together the pieces in her mind.

Panicked, Tobey sprinted into the underbrush, searching desperately for the device he had made. It had become hidden deep within the foliage, and he couldn't catch sight of it before once again being dragged backwards by a spindly metal arm. 

Opposites Attract: A Tobecky Story- Wordgirl X TobeyOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara