"Hi Rae how was school?" she asks.

"It was pretty good, I smell that you're making something good." I gaze around the counter tops.

I was right.

"I love your banana pudding, honestly you should open up a shop or something." I say placing my keys on the counter. She lets out a chuckle.

"Thank you honey."

"Also mom, I'm going to a celebration at 5pm. I should be back around 8 something." I remember to say.

"Okay thats fine, stay safe."

"Will do." I shoot her a smile and head to my room. I toss my bag beside my desk and head to the bathroom. I turn the shower nob towards the middle, not too hot, not too cold. While the water is getting warm I brush my teeth and my usual skin care. Then I hop in the shower.

15 minutes later

Shit. I got to caught up with my shower thoughts I'm gonna be late. I check the time after drying off and it reads 4:48pm. I rush out the bathroom pushing my door open. I open my closet and its a hot mess. I completely forgot the clothing crisis i had this morning. Time to go dumpster diving.

10 minutes later..

Ok. I somehow found an outfit from last winter by some overgrown sandals of mine. I slip it on as quick as i can, and freshen up in the mirror. Luckily I have locs so I don't really have to do much. I quickly swoop my edges and grab a pair of earrings from my drawer.

(you can imagine her wearing this PS she doesn't look like this, shes only wearing the outfit

(you can imagine her wearing this PS she doesn't look like this, shes only wearing the outfit.)

I spray some into the night from bath n body works on and head out the door. I check the time and it reads 5:14pm. I'm gonna get scolded before i even get a chance to sit down. I head out the door waving my mom goodbye.

I don't have my own car yet so I'm using my moms. I crank the engine and turn on lana del ray normally I would have to use GPS but I go to this place so often I know it by heart. I turn up the radio and get comfortable.

15 minutes later

I'm hella late, everyone should already be here by now. I check one last time in the mirror to make sure I'm straight. I take my phone out and click on Instagram ready to post a pic. Caption,

Dinner night 🍾‼️

Posted.

I hop out the car locking it behind me and I head into the restaurant. I wonder who's all gonna be here..