Chapter 11

(Yall...I'm a bit shook over the whole Ukriane war but let's be real here we had it coming ,__, so with that being said I pray and hope for my Russian and Ukrainian readers to be safe and let's hope this gets resolved <3 Much love from Sweden! P.S Thank you everyone for your support, I wouldn't have felt this motivated to continue if it weren't for your love! <3333)

I grabbed the handle of my suitcase. Since the trip to the U.S was only one night with two days of visit I didn't need a lot of things other then outfits for different occasions and some basic everyday stuff. I was nervous entering the plane as I hadn't gone by one since I was a little kid. This week had been tense, not only for me but for Putin as well.

2 Days left until the trip...

I walked outside of the apartment building when tons of paparazzis surrounded me. Body guards protected me as I quickly went into the back of the car. They were shouting questions and comments about me as they desperately tried getting more information about me and Putin. This had been my life for the past days. I didn't even dare to leave the apartment as the amount of people waiting for me outside was quite nerve wrecking for someone as shy as me. But after a day of chaos Kremlin finally sent some bodyguards and police to watch from a far just to make sure I wasn't harmed. Usually the Kremlin who controls the media would shut these scandals down and censor any media outlet who spoke of it, but since this was already huge and we won some affection from the world they instead just let it run and die out naturally. As I sat in the car on the way to work I got back to reality some more. I had no idea how today was gonna go, was it going to be like any other normal day or would I be crowded again? The answer closest to reality was that I was going to be hated and more rumors about me would circle. By experience I had learned that even before the scandal happened the rumors were already going around so did this scandal just confirm them? I debated with myself. I had been a emotional wreck this weekend as the meeting with all of the ministers were quite traumatizing and embarrassing. The positive result of Putin and my bond wasn't enough to cover up the embarrassing attention I was going to face at work. But... For some reason it would, I thought to myself. Being happy with Putin right now is what makes me even wanna go to work, to even continue! His warmth and care was enough to block out the negative thoughts. The more I thought of it the more I looked forward to meeting him again today.

The car stopped at the entrance for high ranked employees at Kremlin. I walked out, I had my scarf around my head and sunglasses that I took off when I entered. At this time of the morning there wasn't many people at work. High ranked politicians come and go whenever they want to, while the ministers and president was always there on time.

I walked through the corridors with my head slightly down as I did my best to avoid any eye contact. People around me were staring me down, whispering and pointing at me. As much as it got on my nerves and made me insecure I could still block it away. If I just had Putin on my side people wouldn't dare to do anything. My heart was pounding as I got to my office to pick up my stuff. There was few people there that looked at me. For the first time I actually met some eyes. They quickly looked away. The people working at the office wasn't high ranked and did the paper job I used to work with before. They were ordinary people with the heart in the right place. I could breathe out when I felt the tension ease up. I took my stuff and quickly left the office with my paper holder. My heart was raising and I almost felt like I had a sugar rush over how all my feelings went up high. I hadn't gotten much sleep these past nights which made me feel like I was dreaming every second of the day. My hands were slightly shaking as I opened the presidents door. I hadn't talked to him since our small date after the meeting last weekend and as the time had went on the deeper had the scandal gotten into the media. I knew Putin would hate it but how would he react towards me? He can't be mad at me can he? He knows it isn't really my fault and we squashed the fight we had, I told myself to find more confidence.