2

『once upon a time

『once upon a time...』

FOR YURIKO'S FIFTEEN BIRTHDAY, the entire kingdom celebrated by hosting a hunting competition per the first princess's request.

     of course, that had meant that the princes and princesses from other kingdoms were invited to join in on the fun as well.

"it's pitiful, naoya. a kingdom with only daughters. when you marry one of them, make sure you have her birth you many sons", naobito — the ruler of the zen'in kingdom — instructed.

     "of course, father", the twelve year-old prince respectfully replied.

     "but father, what about us?", one of naoya's older brothers (naoruko), questioned.

     "it'd be best if you three married all of chimon's daughters, so that we would have ultimate control of the japana kingdom upon his death", naobito brutally stated.

     "naoruko, since you're only one year older than princess yuriko, you best impress her at this birthday event and swoon her", their father commanded.

     "I won't disappoint, father", naoruko responded with great confidence.

     upon greeting the japana family and engaging in some polite talk, naoya's eyes evaluated the second and third princess with heavy judgment.

'princess atsuko's the timid type', naoya deduced, for the girl shyly fiddled with the hem of her handkerchief.

'she would make a good wife for brother naofuto'.

"by the way, where's princess yuriko? the star of today?", naobito asked, as the queen of japana had spoken up much to the former's dismay.

"she's on her way", danuja smiled.

'the third princess is outright not fitted to be my wife. I'll have to mold her into shape before this attitude sticks with her through—'

"greetings, your majesty, father, and mother", a voice delicately said, breaking naoya from his thoughts.

upon looking up, he was met with eyes as red as rubies and skin as pale as snow; hair as black as ink, and a smile as alluring as sirens.

young naoya was completely mesmerized.

"ah, there's our little star of the day! let me introduce you to—"