Chapter Forty Two

Start from the beginning

Bazile was suddenly in front of me, and I flinched from surprise at seeing him appear like that.

"Look at you..." He grinned, reaching out with his hand, and brushing his fingers over my jawline, letting the searing, chafing, crawling contact force my head away from him. "In heat and all... Did you see my brother? He broke the fucking table." He burst out laughing. "I'm going to reopen this wound till scars." He grinned.

Horrified I closed my eyes with a shudder.

I was beginning to feel sick, my stomach uncomfortably tight, my legs and arms weak. The way I sat had me slightly hunched, my arms pressed to my side, making myself look quite a bit smaller than I actually was, maybe that was one of the reasons why Bazile decided to gloat and peck at me the way he was, without any acknowledgement that I was a fully grown man, older than him even.

"You're not a wolf are you?" He asked, then scoffed. "What am I saying, you're so fucking weak..."

I felt that irritation slice through me but the way my blood was burning up was sufficient to help me ignore it. 

"But you were able to hide your scent for so long..." He mused, stepping closer, then crouching for me to be presented with the full benefit of his image in front of me while I struggled through the waves, my skin was burning on one layer, and frozen cold on another. "I was beginning to doubt myself..."

He cocked his head.

I looked away.

"Hey," He glared at me. "You really are pretty ballsy for the mate of a wolf. Even if Lowell's not an alpha he's still a dominant wolf and you're running around acting like you're the alpha or something." He laughed. "My dad's pet peeve. Mom tried that and see where that got her." He tutted.

I could barely hear what he was saying as I shuddered, a particularly painful wave making my stomach twist and turn, and I bowed my head a little more.

How much longer could I bare this?  I asked myself. Before I would have to ask for medical assistance?

He grabbed my chin suddenly and forced my head up to my displeasure, the feeling of burning ants crawling under my skin so close to my face.

"I'm serious-" He frowned, sniffing at me as he leaned in. I pulled back as best I could but had a grip on my collar and wouldn't let go. I couldn't bring myself to touch his hand so I just leaned back. "There it is..."

He pulled back eventually, an increasing grin on his face as he straightened back up, looming over me.

"That scent..." He breathed in. "Proves you're a little liar."

I swallowed, leaning back against the chair. "Under the circumstances I don't see why that surprises you."

He seemed a little startled, then laughed. "It doesn't."

"Good."

"It is good." He nodded. "I enjoy watching you suffer. Maybe I'll let you stay here in my room, watch you slowly go mad while he pounds at the doors, they're lined with silver, you know, under a heavy coating of course. I'll bet given how much you're struggling right now, I could break you in a day."

He laughed loudly, as if considering it in his head.

"I wonder if you'll give in and start begging for the dick that's closest to you." He cocked his head. "Is that how it works? I've never actually seen a male mate before. Let's call this a science experiment..."

"Leave me alone." I bit out.

"I could but I don't want to." He shrugged. "You're my entertainment. Watching you two destroy each other inevitably."