08. unknown reason

It's been a week since the whole world found out that Richard Bowen was in Salt Lake City. Zack, his manager, was very angry that the young boy didn't listen to him and went outside even though he was forbidden to do so. 

Ricky regretted that people found him because he now has paparazzi in front of his house and he doesn't like it but he did not regret going out and meeting Big Red again, his old friend, who was like a brother to him when he was growing up. He also doesn't regret having a chance to see Nini again after  years. She was his best friend, his partner in crime, someone he thought would be in his life until his death. It hurt Ricky to realize it wouldn't be like that. Even though he hadn't seen her in years, he still had the hope that maybe one day they would meet again and it would be the same. 

...but he was wrong. They did meet again, but he didn't expect that she would no longer like him or that she would be angry for a reason unknown to him.

He's been thinking about it all week, because he can't go out again, during these days he often wondered why the girl was so angry with him. He didn't understand because when he left she was so happy that her best friend was going to make his dream come true. She knew he wanted to be a singer and she was glad he got a chance to do it. 

When he left they called each day but over time they stopped. Ricky thought that if they didn't call for a few times, everything would be fine, but suddenly it was months and later years since they talked. 

He thought the brunette forgot about him and she thought he forgot about her. But that was not true. Ricky thought of his best friend every day. He wondered how she was and what she was doing, telling about her to his friends. Carlos, EJ and Ashlyn probably know everything about Nini because he never got tired of talking about her. But he was too afraid to call her because he thought she had moved on with her life and no longer thought of him. And when he saw her again a few days ago, he confirmed that he was right. 

...at least that's what he thought.

But the curly boy wanted to know why the girl suddenly no longer wanted to be his friend. No matter how much he thought, he couldn't think of any reason why she would behave like that. He couldn't even sleep because of it. 

He missed Nini as his best friend, even though he didn't want to admit it, but yes, he missed her. He wanted to forget but everything around him reminded him of her. 

When he saw the guitar he remembered how when they were little he tried to teach her how to play but Nini was not a good student as he never managed to teach her. 

When he played piano, he remembered right away how she had taught him how to play. 

Without her he would never be where he is today. 

They were best friends mainly because of their shared love for music. They also had many other hobbies in common and in general they just loved each other but their favorite memories were when they wrote songs and sang together. 

They both dreamed of a great future as singers... but only one succeeded. 

Richard sat on his big couch, alone in his house, as he sent Ben to the store. This long thinking angered him, as he could find no reasonable reason why his Nini was suddenly Nina. 

He sighed as he looked out the window and saw black cars and people with cameras. He stood up and ran to the backyard. He didn't even think about what he's going to do, all he knew was that he didn't want to just sit there for a second longer. Ricky left through the back door so the paparazzi couldn't see him. He wore a cap and sunglasses so that people would not recognize him.

He was walking down the street not knowing where he was going. It's been a while since he was in Salt Lake City last time and he didn't remember much, and most of what he remembered was different now. In fact, he remembered very few things like where his old school was and where Nini lived, but that's probably not a good place to go. 

The boy sighed when he finally decided where to go, and even though he was a little nervous about it, he decided to go to the restaurant, hoping to find his red-haired friend there. 

But when he was near the place he was shocked by what he saw. In front of the restaurant were paparazzi. 

"You gotta be kidding me." Ricky whispered to himself, rolling his eyes. 

He wanted to find out what was going on there so he decided not to give up. The curly boy walked down the street behind the restaurant until he came to the back entrance. He walked carefully inside and saw that no one was there anymore. No customers or staff. 

Suddenly he heard the sound of the camera as one of the people outside noticed him through the large windows of the restaurant. The boy immediately ran away to the nearest room, which was the kitchen, and slammed the door. 

"Red, is that you?" he heard a girl asked. "I thought you were already going home." 

Ricky looked at her and cleared his throat. "I- I'm not Big Red." 

The brunette froze when she heard his voice, knowing exactly who he was. She turned right away and her eyes met his.

——————
First chapter of Mystery tomorrow!!!

Sof♡