𝙥𝙡𝙖𝙩𝙤𝙣𝙞𝙘 𝙤𝙧 𝙣𝙤𝙩 𝙥𝙡𝙖𝙩𝙤𝙣𝙞𝙘?

the fact that dazai had bought a whole library had surprised you, but the thing that surprised you more was the fact that dazai wasn't big on reading. so why would he buy a whole library if he doesn't like to read?

"dazai. why did you buy a library? you were never a reader."

he shrugged and kept walking through the aisles, stopping at one section in particular.

the suicide books.

so predictable.

"dazai, don't ignore the question."

which he did, he kept on ignoring the question and tried to change the subject multiple times. you got sick of it and grabbed his wrist, knowing he was fairly stronger than you which meant he could pull away at any given time, but it got his focus back onto you which helped.

"i just.. did."

"that's not a good enough answer."

"what are you? my mom?" he groaned before pulling his arm out of your grip and grabbing a book, flipping to a random page.

"i can just call chuuya, he'll get it out of you."

you pulled your phone out of your pocket and pretended to dial chuuyas number to manipulate him into telling you. not your best move but, whatever.

"there's no need to call chuuya. i bought the library because i want to start reading."

dazai, you fucking dumbass.

of course he was lying, it was obvious from the start. he's not a good liar whatsoever, he never was and will obviously never get good at lying.

"mmm. sure. ill let you get away with this one for now."

"for now? bold of you to assume id admit the truth to you anyways." he gave you a devilish grin before focusing his attention back on the book in his hands.

"bold of you to assume i haven't figured it out already."

it was obvious that he bought the library for you. so very obvious. considering last night you had told him about your love for reading, it wasn't hard to put two and two together.

"whatever helps you sleep at night."

you rolled your eyes at him before walking over to the poetry section again, picking up a book and walking to one of the couches in the library which was lit up by a fireplace.

when could he have lit that?

oh well.

you lied on the couch with your head on one of the leather armrests, your feet on the other armrest, both hands on the book so the pages wouldn't move on their own.

dazai leaned over the back of the couch with his arms crossed, looking down on you.

"what do you need?"

you laid the book down on your chest in the incorrect way, allowing both the front cover and back cover to the sides, pages split evenly with your hands over the spine.