Chapter 9 : Interrogations

The room was dank and smelled of death, well, more or less like mold, but it made no difference to him. Fear was so palpable that it could be tasted in his mouth. It had to be near dusk by the time the cell door creaked open. The marshal was a woman of almost barbaric stature, with rustic maroon hair "Sleepy yet? Well, you have some visitors."

'Chris? Johnny?' he thinks hopefully, but he was wrong. It was the girl that tried to choke him to death, and a Mandalorian?! She looked at him through the bars like he was some rare creature from somewhere farther than the outer rim. "You know why you're here?" she asked coldly " Because you and your little friends have killed people who had never met you, much less done something to you. Now, if you don't cooperate, I assure you, my friend Mr Djarin would be happy to put a bullet where... let's just say you wouldn't like it. Now, how about answering some questions?"

The man licked his lips nervously, something he had never felt before. He's been through this hundreds of times, why he felt so much fear now he'll never know why.  There was something about her that was... terrifying from someone so young. He stood up from his place on the floor and walked with the girl to the interrogation room and was then put in handcuffs and sat down on a bench by a wooden table, a lamp hanging above. "Now, how about your name first of all?" the girl asked as she sat down across from him "I'm not permitted to say... other than we were just doing it for the money. We don't mean to harm anyone."

Serena walked over to him, looked him dead in the eye ( the other in an eyepatch), and gave him the hardest slap she could muster, then punched his guts for flavor. The guy had to admit, it was a pretty damn good one. He winced and croaked "Alright, alright, I'll tell you everything, I'm Skylar Bentino .  My team were hired, just to do a few jobs for some credits. If you had a mom and  sibilings, you'd be desperate for work too."

"Even if it meant killing innocent people?"

He thought of lying, but saw no escape that way, it seemed like the girl could see right through him. He sighed and said as he looked down, somewhat guiltily "We weren't told to until later, most of it was collecting credits from clients and then splitting the scores. Believe me, I've never wanted to, but..."

"But what, you're pride couldn't allowed it? You'd rather see your pocket filled than give a damn about anyone else?" Din sneered, disgusted.  At that moment, Skylar lowered his gaze and mumbled something, to which Din growled "What was that womprat?" Then the prisoner stood up, knocking over his chair and shouted,

"THEY'D SELL MY FAMILY IF I DIDN'T!!" 

 The silence was so still you could cut with a knife. At this, Serena studied him closely. He surprisingly looked close to her age maybe a year older, with light blonde hair the made wild swirls and curls. His eye was as blue as a sapphire, but shined dully now.The other being in an eyepatch gave him a strange, aura she supposed about him.  When she came to, she said in a calmer, more subtler tone "I know how you feel, being split in decisions, and I don't want to make it like that but I must if I have to. Now, will you kindly explain to me why while we were fighting a battle droid carrier exploded? Some sort of diversion you cooked up?"
The man creased his brows, then scratched his head, hands still handcuffed. "That wasn't part of the plan at all. Our client just told us to... Well, he didn't tell us exactly why  he wanted you, but from what I can gather, you are really important to him."

"Do you happen to know his name?" Din asked plainly.  Skylar looked up at him with a wry smile and said   "I do. But somehow I sense you're not going to like the answer." 

"I think we can both handle it." Serena said coolly, her patience wearing off.

"Alright, ever heard of Moff Gideon?"

Din  exclaimed "ARE YOU KRIFFING KIDDING ME?!"

Skylar cackled "NAhh, fooled ya! Nah, he's already finished off. This guy is more powerful than any imperial."

"TELL US WHO HE IS BEFORE I HECKING KICK YOU WHERE THE SUN DON'T SHINE!!" Serena began stepping toward her prisoner ready to burst, but Din held her back. Skylar's eyes widened, then spoke softly a name Serena thought she would never hear again. 

"Shaise, Kyrone Shaise. Ever heard about him?"

Author's Note

HELLO!!

Sorry it's been taking so long, but Chapter 10, will be out soon! I will also be going back tweaking past chapters. Thanks to all who have been reading from the start of this year, especially SavageStarPrincess for drawing some BOSS fanart. Be sure to check out their book, it's really good, HIGHLY recommend!