-Serena and Din- Chapter 1

Selona 24, 3991 ABY

Location: Unknown

"This was not part of the deal Ky," the lieutenant mumbled, still in shock as he looked at the wanted poster of the stern face, which held above a good sized reward on thier head. "I know. But if you've noticed, we're running out of options!" Ky, his senior officer exclaimed. " But seriously," the latter questioned "did we have to raid that house?" 
"How was I to know it was the belonged to the boss's sister?!" protested the youth.
"If the boss gets wind of this-"  Ky muttered, but he didn't need to say more. Both men have seen what happens to so-called 'troublemakers' from where they came from. Both sat in silence for moment, each contemplating the situation. The lieutenant began to say something, but Ky just grumbled"Will you shut up? I'm thinking."  And all conversation ceased.

The silence broke when the bartender handed Ky a small envelope with a red seal.
'Gods, please not the boss' he thought nervously as he took it and began to break the red wax encrusted with the antlers of a stag. He gazed at the cursive on papyrus, then gave it to his lieutenant with a grave look. The two of them stared at the letter on the table, unsure of what to do. When Ky finished the rest of his drink he gazed at the candle, still burning in its wick.
"Ky? Ya done thinking yet?" asked his companion, impatiently. Ky glanced up and grabbed the letter and scanned it again.

From the Desk of Lithia Hutten

Everyone is looking for you. The boss thinks you copped out and wants to hunt you down. If you don't want to end up like your  predecessor in the menagerie, you'll have to listen to me. Find the daughter of that Alderaan officer that betrayed us. She is the key to our goal for which we as a society have so long strided for. Please respond soon and with caution, he's got the whole sector crawling with agents, who would be happy to give you in for the 1,000,000 republic credits that he's put on your head.

Sincerely and swiftly,
Lithia Hutten
P.S.
Bring her alive.

After reading it, Ky put down the letter and went to the open window, where it opened out into a small garden behind the saloon. Scents of night-blooming Jasmine and Roses can be smelled, and the sound of nightingales can be heard. "Boss? What's the plan?"
Ky turned around with a glint in his eye and said "Get the boys. We're going on a little treasure hunt."

Two months later.

Location: Tatooine

The girl could feel her tears burn her cheeks as she tried to climb the steep dune, her clothes torn from battling with the raiders. Her household laying in the blood-soaked sand of the atrium. Their faces thought scarred, were a look of peace in the hot desert sun. Being the only one left, after shooting down another bandit with her pistol  in hand, she turned to half-run half-limp to the nearest speed bike belonging to one of the now dead goons. She sped off until the gas ran out, never looking back after. She can still hear her stepfather's last words as he handed the sword to her with his dying breath "Hide while you can Serena, and don't look back," she touched the hilt fastened to her side, as if it might comfort her that he may be watching, but it gave little help, not to mention the warning. 'Hide while I can? What the kriff is that supposed to mean?' But her head was beginning to feel heavy, so she had to keep focusing on finding a sign of life, heck even some sand people may be welcome.

The desert seemed never to end as she walked. She could feel her very essence as well her hope ebbing away, like water during the dry season. When seeing a shiny blur in the distance, her heart leaped out of her chest with joy. A beautiful Razor Crest coming out of the sand like an oasis. 'But what if it's an illusion?' her mind said. So, with all the strength in her, Serena cried out "Help me please, help!" Then, she would only remember the world going sideways.

"Dank Farrik!" Din Djarin cursed under his breath, slight sweat pouring down beneath his helmet, 'again with this stubborn engine,' he thought frustrated. Din had landed on a soft dune a couple of miles away from a city in Tatooine, hoping to relax a bit  before returning to Mandalore, only to find something with the engine for the tenth time. The heat was stifling as he removed his helmet, wiping his brow. Fortunately, he had upgraded the rest of his armor with cooling pads in his suit. When he somewhat fixed his Razor Crest, he was just about to go back into the coolness of the cargo hold, when he heard a soft cry for help. At least he thought it was, it may just have been some desert creature of sort, but it wasn't.  Through his thermal camer a life form behind the dune. 
He put on his helmet and ran up the dune and found a young, slim girl in the sand. He stooped to hear small labored breathing as he checked for any injuries, which he found several, all repairable. But Din was still uncertain of what to do of whether to leave her there or not. He didn't want another one to take care of only to lose. But he tried to wake her anyway, and the girl didn't respond, only with groans of pain. Din sighs and in one swift movement slings the girl up over his shoulder'Oh Gods, why am I always the one?' he thought as he dashed across the sands  with the dust storm soon swarming in.