𝚂𝚖𝚒𝚕𝚎, 𝙱𝚒𝚝𝚌𝚑𝚎𝚜

Start from the beginning

Her dad sighs, pointing towards Justin, "What this boy did to you—"

"He didn't do it." Jess states, defending her ex-boyfriend which shocks not only Justin, but Grace and Clay as well. "Dad, please, just get in the car."

Her dad clenches his jaw heatedly, knowing that he couldn't say anything too drastic in fear of hurting his daughter, he points a finger at Justin. "You be very careful of yourself, young man."

And with that, he turns around and goes back to his car, driving off quickly. Jess is left alone and she stares at the boy who broke her heart. Justin finds it difficult to meet her eyes because of all the guilt he's carrying and walks away from everyone to go to his first class, Grace staring after him solemnly.

***

On their break, Grace, Justin and Clay head to Monet's to meet Sheri. The dark skinned girl was informed of the clubhouse and now all they needed was a plan to enter it.

"Look, we need to get in there." Clay starts, "We've got a plan."

Sheri nods, "And what's the plan?"

Grace also turns to the two as they both had yet to inform her of what the plan was. Justin looks around, making sure that no one was looking at them before grabbing his backpack, opening it and pulling out a huge set of pliers.

"Boom."

Grace and Sheri look at each other with raised eyebrows, not knowing why the boys thought they had to be over dramatic with their plan.

"Seriously?" Grace scoffs out a laugh, her eyes focussing on the tool that's still casually on the table. Why couldn't they just enter like normal people?

"That's the plan? Put those away." Sheri adds in a hushed whisper, glancing around at the people in the café.

"What? Why?" Clay questions, offended at how the two girls aren't going along with their plan.

"Why not just break down the door?" Sheri says, as if the answer was obvious, which to her and Grace, it was.

"And enter like normal humans." Grace adds.

"Because then the door would be broken." Justin replies defensively as he grabs the pliers from the table and places them back into his bag without drawing attention to anyone else.

Sheri sighs, pointing to herself and Grace, "What we're trying to say is that we need to do it without tipping them off that we were there."

"And we do that how?" Clay asks.

"Grace and I will handle this." Sheri tells him, making Grace's eyes widen at the order. She had no idea what mess she was about to get herself into and she really didn't want to do it. "We'll text you."

Clearly, Justin doesn't want her to either as his hand grips around her wrist gently, shaking his head adamantly. "No, no, I don't want you going there, Grace."

Grace sighs, "It's not like I have much choice in the matter, J. I won't let Sheri go alone." She disregards Sheri's look of shock. "Plus, I'll be fine, okay?"

He closes his eyes in worry, "Just, please... be careful. Any problems and you call me straight away and I'll be there." He declares, planting a kiss on her head, ignoring Clay's look of disgust.

"I will." She assures him with a smile before standing up with Sheri and leaving Monet's, on their way to the clubhouse.

When they finally reach there, Scott Reed and another boy from the baseball team is there, most probably waiting for them with big smiles. Behind them, is the clubhouse, a small cabin that's painted white and Grace has to prepare herself before stepping any closer to the building.