𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝚂𝚎𝚌𝚘𝚗𝚍 𝙿𝚘𝚕𝚊𝚛𝚘𝚒𝚍

The next morning, the sunlight peaks through the curtains as Grace rises slowly, once again not having the motivation nor energy to do anything

The next morning, the sunlight peaks through the curtains as Grace rises slowly, once again not having the motivation nor energy to do anything. She checks the time and sees that it is six o'clock in the morning, making her groan and want to back to sleep.

Although, she somehow manages to get out of bed and drag herself into the shower.

She does her normal routine, first softly rubbing her signature coconut shampoo into the roots of her hair followed by her coconut conditioner at the ends to soften it and make it easier to brush through. Next, she takes her body wash, and lathers is onto a purple loafer and rubs it all over her body to refreshen her. And finally, she grabs her razor and shaves the areas that are growing hair.

After she's done in the shower, she turns off the hot water and wraps a white towel around her petite body, walking into her room to pick out an outfit.

Once she's successfully picked out an outfit, she blowdries her hair and puts it in light curls.

She groans when she realises that her phone is on twenty percent and goes to grab her charger. Her eyebrows crease when she finds that it isn't there, instantly knowing that Clay has taken it.

She blows out an annoyed breath, strutting into Clay's room, not even bothering to know.

"Why have you—"

She stops mid sentence and inhales a sharp breath as she sees the person who's standing in Clay's room.

He was back.

After five months.

One hundred and fifty two days.

Justin Foley was finally back home.

Justin's eyes snap to the door, seeing the girl there. His eyes soften greatly and suddenly, he feels all oxygen return to his body, as if he can finally breathe properly again after all these months.

Grace feels tears beginning to build up in her eyes and she wipes them away angrily. She then proceeds to walk up to the boy and shove him back harshly. She begins to whack her fists into his chest, all her frustration of him leaving her alone coming out.

And Justin lets her. He willingly takes it. He knows how much him walking away that night hurt her but he still did it anyway. He deserves this. And she deserves better.

Her body suddenly gives up and she finds herself sinking, collapsing into his arms with a huge heartbroken sob, Justin holding the girl protectively to him, not letting her go for even one single second.

She doesn't even care that he smells horribly after not showering for around five months. She cries into him, the relief that he's safe and home overpowering all the anger that she feels.

"I really fucking hate you, you know." She cries, although holding onto him tighter, afraid that it's all a dream, that she'll wake up and he won't be here anymore. Just like many other nights.