Mirabel Dies - 5/5 - 5/5 - During Movie

The dust settles and the broken remains of the once lively and big Casita is seen clearly by everyone. It's a depressing sight when you see it but the Madrigals do not care as their focus right now is another thing. Mirabel.

She was last seen being protected by Casita using a makeshift shelter. A flimsy shelter against the large debris that were once Brunos tower. It looked impossible for Mirabel to survive. But the Madrigals think otherwise.

They scramble to find Mirabel after breaking from their trance. Abuela who had helplessly fell to the ground suddenly had newfound strength to help everyone find her nieta. 'I won't let it happen again' She says to herself. 'I won't- I can't lose anyone again'.

'Isa...' Isabela perks up. Trying to find where the sound came from. She looks around and sees familiar curls. 'Mirabel!' She shouts. Directing everyones attention to her. They quickly ran to them. Avoiding the debris and rocks to avoid tripping.

'I feel... weird' Mirabel chuckles as Isabela struggles to remove the debris on Mirabel. 'Hey. You'll be fine. We'll get you out of there. I'll kill you if you die!' Mirabel chuckles. Isabela shoots a glare at her but her tears made it less intimidating.

Silence follows with Isabelas sniffles. Mirabel basks in the silences glory. Enjoying her last minutes. She smiles fondly as she hear the rushing footsteps of everyone. Felix, Agustin, Camilo, and Luisa help Isabela lift the debris on Mirabel. Horror dawned on their faces as they see the pool of blood under Mirabel. Pepa closes Antonios eyes. Dolores falls to her knees and Abuela watches in shock. They know that they cannot save her. That this is her last moments with them. They all circle around Mirabel wanting to be near her for her last moments.

'Hey, why the gloomy mood? I don't want seeing you guys like this' Mirabel says cheerfully. Luisa cries louder. Julieta runs to her daughter and sits her up. 'Yo-you're going to be okay mija. You're going to be okay.' She chants as she grabs an emergency arepa on the pocket of her apron she feeds it to Mirabel. Mirabel gets one bite. Nothing happens. Julieta cries. 'Mami.. don't cry. I'll be okay. It's not your fault. It's not anyones fault. I'm okay. It doesn't hur-' She gets cut off with a huge cough of blood.

'Mira..' Agustin cries. 'My baby.' He holds Mirabels other hand. 'Don't worry Papi!' Mirabel shrugs. 'It's just...... a huge scratch' She laughs. Agustins face contorts into a mixture of a smile and despair. 'Cheer up everyone!' Mirabel says weakly with concern. 'I don't want leaving while seeing everyone all sad' she smiles. This breaks everyones heart. Everyone tries to smile but obviously fails as others turn into a fit of tears.

'Mira, are you going to be okay?' Antonio asks, confused. 'Why is everyone acting weird? You're just sick and you'll get better, right?' Antontio innocently asks her. Being in the tender age of 5, not understanding the concept of death and loss. Pepa fights her tears for her baby boy. She fears for when Antonio finds out that he cannot be with her Prima, her dear Mirabel who she treats like her daughter, anymore.

Mirabel smiles tenderly. 'Of course Antonio! Do you know what's even better? I'll be going so~mewhere far and nice!' Antonio smiles. 'Will you be back soon?' He asks. Mirabel pauses. Thinking for the right answer. 'I don't think so. But you'll eventually go there too! So! Don't miss me so much!' Pepa smiles bitterly at her sobrina. Antonio pouts. 'Okay, I won't be sad. But I'm going to really miss you!' Mirabel nods.

Dolores cries silently. She knew what Mirabel went through. She knew she was hurting. And she knew about her cries in countless nights. Yet she couldn't do anything. Her chest felt heavy. Mirabel holds her hands and smiles with a knowing glint in her eyes. Mirabel forgives her. Even if she was never there for her. 

'I'm sorry Mirabel!' Isabela cries. 'I'm sorry for treating you so badly. I'm sorry for making you feel like you don't belong. I'm sorry for making you feel like I am better than you. Because no, I am not. You are stronger than me. I'm sorry I never told you how much I love you.' 'Isa.' Mirabel looks at her firmly, it speaks volumes, trying to tell her sister that she's forgiven. That she loves her big sister dearly and that she cannot stay angry at her.