Chapter 71 ~ Status: Officially Engaged

Magsimula sa umpisa

They, fortunately, didn't go "best girlfriends" mode in front of the entirety of nobility.

Then, Alexus came into my line of sight and smiled ever so beautifully with his cheating ikemen face.

"It is my greatest happiness to see you this evening, Alterisa-sama. You look absolutely beautiful this evening."

"Thank you very much for your praise, your highness. It is an honor to be in your presence."

I lowered my head and lifted my dress slightly in a curtsy as I smiled at him.

Pheeeeew~ Thank goodness he's acting like an actual crown prince. I was afraid he'll act like he usually does and call me "Risa".

"..."

Hm? Why is he suddenly so silent?

I raised my head and saw him staring at me with a small smile.

...Is there something on my face?

Just before I could ask him what was wrong, Alex began to speak.

"It is finally time... I have been waiting for this night for so long."

"Your highness?"

Alexus smiled sweetly at me, his beautiful golden eyes staring right into mine.

"Let us do our best together from now on."

"Eh? Ah, yes..."

And just like that, he walked away along with his majesty and Sonia-sama.

Hm? What did he mean by that last one?

...Oh?! Is it about the announcement? Oh, I see~ He's nervous too~

Ufufufu~ Now I'm not that nervous anymore~ Let's just get this over with and I'll dive back into dessert heaven with my cuties~!!!!!

Several small green magic circles appeared before his majesty, a sound amplifying magic that essentially functioned as a mic before he began his long speech.

His majesty started by greeting and thanking all the nobles who have attended this grand ball on the last day of the Kingdom's Founding Festival before giving his praise to all the nobles in attendance for making the kingdom even more prosperous, encouraging them to do their best as a result, while still maintaining his majesty to his people.

It was a heartfelt and genuine speech, yet formal, dignified, and majestic at the same time. And despite being long, everyone kept their attention on him, as if they were mesmerized by his majesty's charisma.

Umu. As expected of a true monarch. Their speeches can't even be compared to our school principal's boring opening speeches...

"And lastly. I have an announcement to make. May I call upon Lady Alterisa von Lorya to step up and stand before me."

Ah!!! T-This is it!

Alright, calm down... Think of it as performing... You are the drama club's prince! You can do it!

Switching into my actress mode, I walked forward calmly with hands in front of my belly and a bright smile plastered on my face.

My eyes stared forward, calm as a still lake, as I walked. And the moment I was before his majesty, I did my best curtsy and greeted him with an ever calm voice.

"Greetings, your majesty. Alterisa von Lorya has arrived before you as you will."

"Mm."

The king nodded with a small smile on his face, and I begin to hear murmurs from behind me.