Thoughts By A Robot

You had gotten a new uniform, a bit tighter than your Parts and Service one. You adjusted your jacket and put your shoes on. "Come on Sun, we're gonna be late!" You whispered yelled. The sound of soft clanky metal footsteps came up behind you.

Sundrop had been excited for his job, a bit too excited that he almost broke your stay-at-home robot while it ate a dust bunny. It's filter needed changing. He would constantly says how he couldn't wait to work with children and work with you.

Moondrop on the other hand, he was a bit nervous. What if he scared the kids with his eyes? He scared your robot helper the first day they met. He was dreading this day more than anything. The only way to calm him down was by opening the curtains and sliding the window up so he could listen to the blissful raindrops outside. You wondered if you could incorporate a recorder into his system, he could record the sound of rain whenever he felt he needed it.

When you got to the PizzaPlex, you were surprise to find a lot of people scared of the eight foot tall animatronic following you, as if he hadn't been for the last few months.

"I wonder how he'll act with the kids."

"Did they train him first?"

"I heard she/he made the Nighttime Attendant scary on purpose."

You rolled your eyes groaned and yelled, "If you have petty complaints or rumors, say it to my face!" You were not in the mood for fake news, never were.

Approaching the large semi-oval doors, you looked up at the sign. Clean and rainbows everywhere. You opened the doors, only to be met with loud screaming colors and quickly becoming obnoxious music. You adjusted your cap and sighed nervously. You weren't fond of children so your safest bet was behind the security desk.

"Woah! It's so big! Is that a BALL PIT!?" Sundrop looked around before cannon balling into the ball pit you have confirmed, from his tone of voice, was his favorite thing in this room. After that he hardly batted an eye at anything else. You chuckled a little and looked at your watch, ten minutes till opening.

"Sun! Come here! There are a few ground rules." You stated. He happily skipped over and kneeled down to your height, that stance will forever make you feel short. "Rule 1, do not hurt or harm any kids. AT ALL. They are here to have fun and you and I need to make sure that's done while keeping everything under control. Which means you need to stay under control. Rule 2, don't insult children. This isn't my house where you and Dust Bunny (that's his name now, finally a name) have your little insult wars. Rule 3, Moon comes out everyday at three o'clock for Naptime and the lights go out every night at twelve. Got that?" You explained. He clicked and a small unreadable word flickered in his eyesight before he nodded. He was putting that in his database.

"Okay, smaller rules. If a kid does something bad, put them in timeout. If they do something really bad, like play with the light switch, then they get banned. Last rule, make sure the only people that pick up the kids are the ones that dropped them off unless they have proof. You are authorized to use force if they do not comply. Hm, that should be everything."

Your alarm beeped and you looked up. A kid had come in through the slide. Sundrop looked at you with an eager smile. "Go on, it's your job." You whispered and he squealed.

"Hello, new friend! I'm Sundrop. What's your name?"

If you were lucky, this will be an easy day. Then again, something in your stomach said other wise. It knotted and made you feel empty and sick. You shook it off, you built him. You knew everything about him. Everything was going to be fine. You built him for this and he was doing well for starters. Eight kids already.

___

You groaned as the last kid left. Sundrop laughed exhausted. "I thought it'd be easier than that." He said. You slid down against the door and panted. When did kids have so much energy? You didn't act like that as a kid. You also didn't have any friends to play with so that could be why. Possibly.

"What's your, uh, battery, um, at?"

You put your hands above your head to help you breath and took in huge gulps. Sundrop held his head and mumbled something. Talking to Moon again you assumed. "A little over half, Moon says he should be fine tonight. Are we never going back to your home?" Sundrop asked. You shook your head and sat beside him. "No, but I'm not leaving tonight either. I got to stay for two days to make sure you're functional. You won't be alone, besides, you have Moon." You explained nudging his arm playfully. He leaned on you and closed his eyes. "I don't like being alone. That sounds lonely and scary." He stated. You closed your eyes and sighed quietly.

"Yeah, I guess it does."

___

Moon was out after you and Sun cleaned up the Daycare. Moon said something about Sun sleeping but you would rather be doing that too. You leaned on Moon as he patted your fluff of hair. You eventually fell asleep and snored lightly.

Moon pulled a blanket over you as you leaned closer into him. He had turned his heaters on and made sure you were comfortable.

He never liked when you overworked yourself, which he had a tendency to do all the time. You were a workaholic, he didn't understand why. More so, who would work like you do, whatever your reason was for doing so. He wrapped his arm around you and sighed robotically.

He'll admit, it did give him some kind of motivation, but was worrying for him and Sun. See you just sleep was a reliever.

However, seeing you sleeping while you were sick had him and Sun worried and acting crazy. Their creator could have died! They had looked up a lot of things on fevers and more things than one said it can kill people. You couldn't die, they wouldn't allow it! Yet, seeing you sleep like that made them want to wake you up, even though they knew it was wrong. Granted, they did wake you up for temperature checks and eating.

He noticed how Loren knew a lot about you and he assumed knew about the cause of your overworking habit. He wanted to ask, more than anything, but Sun said it was insensitive. Whether you're their creator or not didn't mean they had a right to intrude on your personal information. Not if it was sensitive. Yet, there was one thing that Moon didn't have that Sun did.

Moon didn't have a filter.