Chapter Fourteen

"So I connect this wire to the voice box and cut the other one?"

"Well sort of. Here let me help you."

William placed his hand over mine and guided it around the animatronic.

"Make sure you don't cut the wire until you've connected the new one." He explained in a gentle tone.

"Okay I think I understand now." I awkwardly smiled.

"Great." William looked at his watch.

"I should go check on Henry now. He's probably done installing the lights. Can you do Bonnie now?"

"Sure." I stood up and dusted off my pants. The floor of the backstage area was very gross.

"I'll be back soon." William left the room, leaving the door open.

Without William being in the room with me I noticed how disturbing backstage is.

All the children's drawings and posters taped to the brick walls. Half the lights don't turn on. The other half just flicker on and off from time to time.

And there's this smell. A really bad smell.
I have no idea what it is. It's sort of a mix between mold and fresh paint.

I've gotten used to it but every now and then I get a small whiff of it. I just shrug it off.

I scan the room, looking for Bonnie. In the far corner of the room I see a flash of blue. My eyes lock onto the animatronic.

I've always been fascinated with Freddy's. How the robots work and all.

***

After getting cut on metal multiple times, I managed to install the new wires for the voice box.

I smiled to myself.

I wiped the sweat off my forehead and leaned against the wall next to Bonnie. He seems lonely. That's such a dumb thing to think.

I look around the room again, now noticing a tall endoskeleton in the far corner of the room. It's bulging eyes staring back at me. The thought of it being aware of me sent a shiver through my body.

I stood up, wiping dust off my pants, and headed towards the door. Holding my breath I tried not to look at it.

After reaching the door I scrambled out of the room, slamming the door behind me. I let my lungs free and inhaled quickly.

"You alright?" A voice sounded to my left.

I turned my head up to see William with a worried expression on his face.

"Yeah, it's nothing." I smiled.

He smiled back at me, "It's almost closing time, we should get going."

"Okay."

We made our way to the front of the building. William forgot something and had to go back to his office.