Questions

"hey... We need to ask a few questions..."

"Of course..." My grandmother paused, "Come in." She stepped aside, allowing us to walk in.

I guided Morgan to the couch, and let him sit down as I remained standing. My grandmother sat on the couch and my grandfather looked up from his phone in confusion.

"(Y/n)? What are you doing here?" He looked just as confused as my grandmother did.

My eyes pricked with tears and a turned around to hide my watering, (e/c)-colored eyes. Morgan let out a small sigh and began to explain the situation.

"There have been three other kills with the same MO as your daughter's. We'd like to ask you a few questions about it." He spoke in a gentle tone.

I wiped my eyes and turned back around, "I'm sure it's not a lot I don't know, but for legal purposes we have to have it from you. Anything out of place or suspicious?"

My grandfather scoffed, his eyes burning with an, all too familiar, anger, "of course there is."

"Like what?" Morgan asked.

"The bullet shells were right beside each other. Her boyfriend said he found her under a bridge drunk. He had anger issues." My grandfather said gruffly.

"Anyone's a killer if you push them enough..." I mumbled.

Morgan glanced back at me and then focused his attention back on my grandparents, "Mind telling me this boyfriend's name?"

"Cody Shaw." My grandmother stated.

Morgan quickly wrote it down. After a half hour we finally left. I drove back to the hotel and grabbed my things, quickly shoving my notes in my bag. I was about to enter the building when Morgan grabbed my arm.

I looked at him, confused, "yeah?"

Morgan let go of my arm and leaned against the car, "what's going on with you, kid?"

I bit my lip as tears threatened to spill again. Morgan sighed softly, patting my head.

"Look," he began, "you don't have to talk about it right now. But if you wanna catch the bitch who did this, you gotta keep your head in the game."

He left and entered the hotel to, I assume, go to his room. After calming down, which felt like it took hours, I went up myself and entered my room. Once I entered, I closed the door and locked it. Not even bothering to change out of my work clothes, I fell onto my bed and hugged a pillow close.

Sobs echoed through the empty room as I hugged the pillow tighter and tighter to my chest. I began remembering everything. Why did this have to be my first case? Why? I remembered her face, her smile especially. The way her eyes would always squint when she would.

I ended up falling asleep curled up with the pillow.

I was sudden awoken by a knock on my door. I sat up and draped my legs over the bed, standing up and wiping the sleep from my eyes. I unlocked the door and opened it, not realizing how bad I probably looked.

Standing in front of me was Spencer Reid. I was shocked. I didn't expect him to come to my room.

"Hey?" I asked, my voice groggy from just waking up.

"Are you okay? Morgan said you were upset and," he paused, seemingly hesitant, "you look like you've been crying."

"Yeah..." I rubbed my eyes and smiled, "I'm okay."

I could tell Morgan hadn't just told Reid that I was upset. It was in his eyes. Hardly visible yet... Still there. I bit my lip nervously as he just stood there.

"God just say... Something..." I thought as my mind went haywire.

He began to fiddle with his fingers as if he was trying to say something but couldn't.

"You uh... Wanna come in?" I muttered, looking directly into his hazel eyes.

"Yes," he said quickly, "as long as you're okay with it." Reid spoke gently with a soft smile.

I moved to the side, allowing Reid to step inside the room. He sat on my bed and a quietly closed the door behind me. I sat down beside him, not to close, however, as to not make him uncomfortable. Reid looked nervous, like he wasn't entirely used to being alone with someone.

After what felt like forever, the hazel-eyed male broke the painful silence, "Morgan told me about your mother... As well as your grandparents." His voice was soft and apologetic.

Tears threatened to spill and I bit my lip to hid any noise that would show I was about to cry. I fiddled with the trim of my shirt, trying to distract myself.

"I'm sorry that happened," Reid apologized.

"I-It's okay," I stuttered out, nervous I would break at the kindness of his words. "Can't change the past."

I felt my hands begin to shake and I stared down at them. I tried my best to compose myself but the silence seemed to break me. My hands fell over my eyes and tears began to roll down my cheeks.

I was suddenly engulfed in an overwhelming sadness. My breathing hitched and tears fell like the downpour of rain. I began shaking violently.

I was then surrounded by warmth, causing me to flinch. I looked up and realized I was in a tight hug from Reid. My face flushed red and I slowly began to relax.

"What's going on?" Reid asked in a quiet voice.

"I... I just want to catch this bastard..." Tears continued to fall, just less frequent now. "He made it look like a suicide."

" 'he'?" He backed away from me, either due to being uncomfortable himself or not wanting to make me uncomfortable.

"I'm almost one hundred percent sure it was her 'boyfriend'." I said as I adjusted my sitting position, sitting on my heels.

"What makes you think that?" The brunette asked, intrigued.

"Everything. Evidence, situation, motive... Everything points to him." I muttered the last bit. "I'm gonna catch this bitch if it's the last thing I do."

Reid stood and looked to me, "get some sleep. Hotch is most likely going to work us to death. Figuratively speaking that is."

I nodded as he left and fell back asleep.

~~
An
Please remember to vote if you enjoy the story!