Chapter 29: Arm of an Angry God

Start from the beginning

Naruto tightened his hold on his friend. "I'll never let you, or that bastard Orochimaru, take Sasuke!" He stated.

"So you would rather let your teammate die?" Kabuto countered in amusement.

Carefully laying the raven haired teen's body on the ground, the Uzumaki stood up and glared at the older ninja. "No, I will just beat you again and take Sasuke back before it gets to that." The spiky haired boy stated firmly.

A short laugh escaped the Sound nin at the boy's words, however a hint of bitterness could be heard in it. "I would not wager Sasuke-kun's life on another lucky shot if I were you." He commented.

Naruto simply continued to glare as he prepared himself to attack. Unfortunately, the moment he took a step forward, Naruto felt as if his body had suddenly become a thousand times heavier and it took all of his strength not to fall on his knees at that very moment. "What...?" The blond blurted out in surprise before he could help himself.

The Leaf genin's predicament did not go unnoticed by the gray haired man. "It seems that today's exhausting events have finally caught up to you, Naruto-kun."

Ignoring the taunts, the Jinchuuriki tried to recompose himself. "What... What's going on... It's as if all my chakra was gone..." The boy's mind raged. "Did Kyuubi's chakra... Did the transformation... Caused this...? Burn me out?" He wondered.

Casually scratching the back of his head, the smirk returned to Kabuto's face. "Done already, Naruto-kun? Can I take Sasuke-kun with me now?" The Missing nin mocked.

Brining his eyes up to sent a glare at his opponent, the Sharingan user straightened his body. "I guess I have no other option." Naruto commented as he tore his right sleeve off to reveal his summoning tattoo. Smearing some of his blood over it, the blond performed the necessary hand seals. "Namikaze – Kuchiyose not Jutsu!" He called out. The next second, the entry valley was engulfed in a blinding light.

Immediately, Kabuto brought his arm up to protect his eyes from the light. The young man could feel an immense heat emanating from the blonde's direction and he could hear the churning of arcs of lightning striking all around him.

After several seconds, the light finally started to die you. Putting his arm back down, Yakushi Kabuto's eyes widened at the sight that greeted them.

From across the lake, it would seem as if the right side of Naruto's body was completely covered in electricity, but upon closer look it could be seen that the lightning was originating by the artifact in his hand.

The young man's right hand was closed lightly around the body of large, ornate spear make out of a lustrous, navy colored metal with a wide, curved, dark blade up front and golden markings running along the entire body, ending on a large crimson chain with a smaller blade at the end coiling around the blond as if it were a tail.

Kabuto made no attempts to hide neither his amazement nor curiosity. "Tenkai no Ryuga..." The bespectacled shinobi said in wonderment. "A weapon that emanates its own chakra... So many legends and myths about it... The blade that sealed the skies, forged out of dragon blood and bones, a raging storm taking corporeal form... It was believed that the spear was lost along with the Namikaze clan after the Yondaime died..." Realization suddenly dawned on the gray haired man's face. "So that's it... You're the Fourth's brat... Well, that answer so many of the questions I had about you, Naruto-kun."

As a respond to his opponent's words, Naruto trained the blade of his spear at him.

"Along with the Second Hokage's Raijin Sword and Uchiha Madara's War Fan, Ryuga is one of the most prominent weapons associated with the Hidden Leaf. I would love to have a chance to examine it." The sound nin commented. "Tell me, Naruto-kun, after I kill you, will Ryuga remain behind or disappear immediately?" He wondered with a mixture of amusement and mockery.