Chapter 18: Uchiha

Naruto could barely see pass his aggressor's foot, but he could still discern the prideful, wicked smile on the swordsman's face.

"We are two opposing forces, you and I..." Kisame commented. "You could even say that we are natural enemies." He said, pressing his sword even harder on the Jinchuuriki's back.

The blond could feel his body been driven deeper into the ground by the former Kiri nin's strengths. He tried to push himself off the ground again, but his body didn't move an inch. "Damn it...! Stupid body...Move!" The boy orders were ignore as hid body grew heavier and his strength weaker.

"This is what happens when you spent all of your days sulking instead of training!" The fox scowled him in his mind. "Lately you have been relying too much on those eyes of yours, neglecting your body and simply copying others like a mindless monkey!" The Bijuu ranged. "Now...There is nothing I can do..." A hint of fear betrayed Kyuubi's anger sending another dose of terror down the Leaf genin's spine.

Continuing to struggle, the boy knew he had to keep himself from passing out. "Wha...What do you...Want with me...?" Naruto asked.

A snigger escaped Kisame. "What? Itachi didn't tell you during your encounter?" The man wondered. "I don't see what harm is in telling you our objective." He finished by pressing harder with Samehada. "We are collecting all the Bijuu, all of those living catastrophes that roam this world." He paused to laugh. "It just too bad that you got caught in this crossfire by having the strongest Bijuu sealed inside of you, though it does make it easier to carry..."

Down on the ground, Naruto's eyes widened. "Itachi did say that they wanted me because of the fox, but...All of them...?" His mind immediately thought of Gaara. "How many others are there?" The boy wondered.

Confident that he had his prey under control the missing nin started to talk animatedly. "I tell you, after Itachi's little failure, I was sure that it would be a pain in the ass to capture you." The mocking tone was evident in Kisame's voice. "We were certain that old fart of a Hokage would keep you under 24-hour surveillance."

The Jinchuuriki's Sharingan eyes snapped open at the mention of the fallen Hokage.

"Though I was starting to look forward to slaughter wave after wave of Leaf ANBU." The former Mist Swordsman commented, unaware and uncaring of his opponent's thoughts, of the mental turmoil that his insult had caused. "But then the geezer goes and dies on all of you, leaving the village in its biggest crisis since the Kyuubi attacked." His words were soon followed by an all out laugh. "If that wasn't an invitation for us to come and get you, I don't know what it is!" The man exclaimed. "We will get that Bijuu out of you before the maggots can finish eating the Sandaime's body!"

Suddenly, it appeared as if the ground below Kisame had cracked and, despite all the strength he was exerting on his sword, Samehada started to rise up.

"Damn...You..." Naruto's words were full of venom as he, with fist driven into the ground, started to force his body off the destroyed pavement. "I will not let you insult the Third!" The blond shouted. The counteracting strengths were so great that the boy's knuckles were already tainted crimson. "I'm going to KILL YOU!" He exclaimed as he briskly move his head, shaking the Kiri fugitive's foot off his face, and setting his eyes on him.

A wicked smile took hold of Kisame's face. "Hahahah! You sure are a riot, brat!" The Akatsuki member happily exclaimed as he raised his sword of the boy's back. Before the Konoha genin could even think the word Amaterasu, the blue haired man had swiftly brought down Samehada down on the blonde's back. The sickening impact of the blow caused the few birds that had remained in the area during the battle to fly away scared.