Chapter 25: Over the Moon

Start from the beginning

The brunette scratched his head and let out an uneasy laugh while Akamaru's ears dropped in embarrassment.

"Neji-niisan, please..." Hinata instead, looking at the older Hyuuga's eyes pleadingly.

Ever since the formation of Team Eight, Kiba had known about the tense relationship between Hinata and her relatives, so seeing Neji giving the girl a reassuring look and softly placing a hand on her shoulder shocked the Inuzuka. "Please, do not worry about it Hinata-sama. Everyone will be back before you know it." He said before stepping back, giving a slight bow and starting to walk off.

Akamaru's bark snapped Kiba out of his trance. "That's right, Hinata, you don't have to worry." The boy said, managing to produce a large and bright grin as he gave his teammate the thumbs up. "Because I will be there to protect everyone!" He stated before turning around and going after Neji with Akamaru in tow.

End Flashback

"Neji!" Naruto was barely able to reach in time to catch his teammate's body before he hit the ground. Looking down, the pair of sapphire eyes widened as they took notice of how much paler the older genin had already become.

"You bastad!" The blonde's eyes were tore away from Neji when he heard someone let out a furious roar next to him. Looking at his side, the spiky haired teen saw Kiba suddenly lunge himself at the Sound nin.

The Inuzuka felt his hand become clawed as he swiped forward with all of his strength at the tanned teen.

Kidomaru simply smirked before effortlessly jumping back and evading the strike intended for him. Instead, the Leaf genin's attack hit the branch that the Oto nin had be standing on, obliterating it into tiny splinters. "Ooh... You have some fangs, don't you?" Kidomaru teased as he landed safely away from his attacker.

Several branches away, Kiba was heaving as he glared at the six-armed teen. "Damn you..." The brunette growled as he flexed his clawed hands. "I'm going to make you pay for what you did to Neji!" He shouted before charging forward once more, swinging his claws at the Sound shinobi again and again.

Letting out an amused laugh, Kidomaru continued dodge the younger boy's attacks. "Well, it seems we have a new player!" He announced as he jumped back and drew an arrow on his bow. "Let's test does skills of yours..." The strange teen proposed as he let go of the arrow.

The Leaf genin saw the arrow coming towards him and immediately started to turn his body in mid air in an attempt to dodge it. Unfortunately, however, the projectile was coming too fast and the hooded boy could not get out of the way quickly enough. Kiba had no choice but to close his eyes and brace for the piercing impact.

Suddenly, the Inuzuka felt something soft hit him on one of his cheeks. Kiba's eye snapped open and he saw Akamaru tackling him out of the way. With impressive strength, the small dog was able to clear his partner out of the arrows path, letting the projectile simply fly through and hit a tree behind them, destroying its trunk on impact.

Landing on a branch, the Konoha genin tried to catch his breath. Looking at the side, he saw Akamaru land safely and giving him a worried look. "Thanks, partner..." Kiba said, earning a bark from the small dog. "Yeah, you're right. I have to calm down..." He commented as he strengthened back up.

"Kidomaru!" An irritated Sakon screamed. "Stop messing around! Get the Uchiha and let's go!" The blue haired boy called out. Sakon tightened his fist as he surveyed the situation. Both Jirobo and Tayuya were taken out, they're mark still had three Leaf nins around to protect him, and they were running out of time. The young man cursed himself under his breath for letting such a simply capture mission get out of control like this. His only consolation was the Kimimaro was nowhere in sight to punish him for it.