Plus One

A week had passed and it was the day of the anniversary party James was invited too. It was around noon and James was out shopping for a few drinks he would bring to Michael Jones' business party. He strolled down the alcohol aisle and picked out some wine and prosecco for the party. Once he had gotten his drinks, he then payed for them and left to go back to his house.

It was around 3:30pm in the afternoon now and Elizabeth had just gotten out of the shower. Wrapping a towel around her body and hair, she headed to her bedroom to get changed. Opening her wardrobe, she picked out a deep red, off the shoulder maxi dress. She dried herself off and began to get dressed and slip the dress on. It fitted her quite nicely, showing her stunning hourglass figure off.

Once she was dressed, she sat st her vanity desk and began to blow dry her hair and curl it. She only had an hour before James would arrive to pick her up so she knew she had to be quick. One her hair was dry, she began doing some loose curls and then paying a light face of make up, nothing too heavy.

Around 4:15pm, James made his way to pick Elizabeth up. He drove there in his flashy car and arrived at around 4:28pm. Taking his phone out, he texted her.
'I'm outside. Are you ready?'
He then sat in his car outside her house and waited. He was wearing a white button up shirt with a back blazer and tie and black dress pants.

Putting things in her little purse bag, Elizabeth checked her phone and saw it was from James. She smiled to herself.
'You're 2 minutes early Mr White. I'll be down in a second.'
She text back with a small giggle to herself before quickly spraying herself with some perfume and grabbing her necessary things before putting her heels on and heading down and out of her apartment block. She saw James parked outside and smiled as she approached the car.

James looked out his window to see Elizabeth come out and head to the car. He got out of his side and walked round tot he passengers side to open the door for her.
"Well don't you looking stunning this evening Miss Stout."
He complimented her with a small smirk as he opened to side door and gestured for her to get in.

"Oh hush you. You're looking amazing yourself."
Elizabeth giggled with a smile as she blushed. She then got in the car and thanked him, putting her seat belt on and waiting for James to get back in the car.

James smiled to himself and then closed her door before making his way back to the drivers seat. Once he was buckled in and everything, he then drove off to where the party was being held.
"Thanks for being my plus one Miss Stout."
He spoke happily as he drove.

"Oh please, its Elizabeth outside of work."
She said with a soft giggle.
"And you're welcome. I am honoured you chose me as your plus one."
She added on, smiling at him.

Soon enough, they arrived at the party and James pulled into the car park nearby. Once parked, he unbuckled, grabbed his things and headed round to open Elizabeth's door for her.
"We are here, Elizabeth."
He said with a soft smirk.

Elizabeth stepped out of the car with her purse and smiled to James.
"Thank you, James. If I can call you by your name."
She said as she locked eyes with him for a moment before tucking her hair behind her ear and heading to the doors with James.

"I suppose I'll let you call me James."
He teased and gazed into her eyes for a moment. He rubbed his neck slightly and walked Elizabeth to the doors  holding them open and following her inside. Looking around, the hall was huge. Big chandelier with warm lighting and a huge, long table full of beverages and food. People crowded together in groups to chat whilst drinking fine champagne. James headed over to the drinks on the table and poured himself a glass.
"Champagne Elizabeth?"
He offered her with a polite smile.

Elizabeth walked into the hall and admired how amazing everything looked. The set up was very formal and well put together. She followed James to the drinks and nodded once he offered her a drink.
"Yes please."
She responded as she took her drink once it was poured.