𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 3

"W-what?" I'm shocked to hear that there is someone out there that wants to kill me. Travis takes my hand and pulls me out of bed. He drags me off the stairs and out of the house.

"Why do they want to kill me?"  "When someone summoned a demon they have DL- blood, which means there are other demons out there who want to kill you to prevent that you will kill them" he explains while running.

"I dont want to kill anyone!", I say quickly. "Yes, but they dont know."
"Then where are we going?"
"To another universe"

Another universe?!

I stop and pull my hand away. "I can't go with you. I have family out there on earth" I protest. "Yes, but they are fine. It's you that's in danger" he argues back. "Sorry, but I can't," I say and take a few steps back. "I can't leave my family behind..." 
"But -" "Travis, you are dismissed." I demand and suddenly he is gone. I get a shiver down my spine as the cold breeze hits my skin. I look around but he is just... gone.
.

.

.
We have a school trip, I don't let Travis appear yet, I don't want him to drag me out here again.

Sorry, Travis. It's for your good...

Yhe sky it oddly a bit purple.
We step off the bus to see a big amusement park. "Alright, everyone, I trust you can be here on your own. We meet back here at twelve. Have fun!" Says the teacher. I wanted to do this with Travis, but I guess I will have to go alone...

I go to a park side of the amusement park, with a large meadow of spring green grass and the leaves of the trees in bloom, showing the most beautiful colors. I sit on the grass and decide to eat. I hear screams everywhere, not realizing that they are screams of terror.

Travis would have loved this, maybe it can't hurt to let him appear again? But the demons that want to kill me are kind of making me worry but I can't risk going to another dimension. I look up at the blue sky, I see two figures floating. Those don't look like birds more like... humans. Then it hits me.

Those are demons, aren't they?

Suddenly, an attraction explodes, and people start to scream.

What the...

I look panicked around. People are running in a lot of directions. I stand up and take a few steps backwards. But it's too late another explosion fills the air, smoke covering my view. A black dog-like monster with blood red eyes reveals itself in front of me.

He looks directly at me, and the memory of yesterday when Travis tried to save me comes up. "Travis appear", I say closing my eyes. But nothing happens. Travis, where are you?

"Travis!" I shout again but nothing happens.

You've got to be kidding me...

The monster runs up to me, and an shock of adrenaline rushes through my veins. I run as fast as possible but that creature is way faster than me. "Help!" I scream. I duck behind a bush. I try to remember something helpful that Travis said.

“Every demon is used to be a fighter and a protector,Travis said.

I try to remember the spell that I had to use to summon a demon. "Virgo modicus hendal?" No, it was something else... I try to think but my fear prevents me from doing so.

I hear the demon crawl, he is close by. "Virgo Modius Hendol!" I scream. The monster heard my voice and runs at me at full speed. I tremble in panic, my arms are protecting my face and my body is preparing for the insufferable pain that I will feel in a couple of seconds.

I hear a loud crash, but I feel no pain. I open slowly my eyes. Everywhere is smoke that let no light out.

What happened? Did it vanish?

Before me, I see a figure. "Travis?" His name rolls of my tongue. The figure turns around. It has black hair with beautiful red eyes. He spread out his large black wings.
That's not Travis, is he an angel?

His face doesn't have an expression, he just looks at me. "You alright, human?" The angelic man asks. "Yes, thanks to you," I say. I stand closer and look around me. "A-are you a demon?" I ask. The young man nods his head. I look at him. Unlike Travis, he is wearing completely black with a symbol on his uniform.

"Where did the other one go?" I ask. My legs are still trembling, and everything around me is burning and broken. "He is dead," he says.

I'm grateful that he saved my life but where is Travis?

"So... what now?" I ask.
"They expect you to go to the Demon Owner University" he replies. "Let me guess: another universe?" The demon nods his head. He takes his sword and puts it back on his belt. "What about Travis?" "He -" "I'm here," says a familiar voice.

Travis floats in the sky. "Oh, now you have the time to come?" I say a bit irritated. "Sorry, (name). I have the strength but not the speed. Please forgive me, as your guardian I had to protect you and I failed" he says looking at the ground. "At least, you're here now," I say putting my hands on his shoulders.

"So... I have to leave earth?" The other demon nods and pulls his hand out. "Take my hand so we can leave," he says. "Listen, I'm very grateful that you saved my life but I don't even know who you are," I say carefully. "I'm Darren, Demon of Darkness and right now I'm your new guardian," he says.

My face gets pale. He just replaced Travis like he's nothing?

I look at Travis. "He's right, you said the spell again, that means that another demon will appear and be your guardian" he explains in a sad tone.

"And you can have just one guardian?" "That's correct" replies Darren. "Oh, jeez. I'm so sorry Travis for everything, I had to listen to you yesterday." "No worries." Travis has a sad smile on his face. "Is there nothing we can do?"
Darren shakes his head but Travis interups. "Actually there is."

"There is a spell that connects us and then I can still go with you." He says. My face lights up, and look at Darren, who sighs. "Yes but that spell is powerful and it will connect you to the rest of your life" says Darren.

For life that's long...

"And besides, it only works when the both of you genuinly want it" "that won't be an issue," says Travis with confidence.

All of the sudden, there is a portal, and an older man steps out of it. He wears a black suit and a hat made of feathers. "Are you sure you want to do this, (name)?"  He asks and replaces his hat. "Who are you?" I ask with suspicion. "I'm the director of the university. And if you will bond with Travis it will be till death" he says.

That sounds dramatic...

"I do it, I trust him and he is a great friend. No offense Darren but I known him a little longer" "Don't worry about me, I will stick to you till the end anyways" Darren replies. "He's right, the bond will allow you to hsve two guardians. But details come later, do exactly what I say. Stand with each other and take each other's hands" the director demands.

We do as told and Travis takes my hands in his.

This feels kinda like a marriage...

"Repeat after me: Kornelius wakamdo miritie" We repeat after him, first nothing happens but soon I get a shiver.
Then I feel my body burning and my surroundings begin to spin. Sounds fade away, like I'm in a long tunnel. My legs tremble and I gasp for water. I see light everywhere. Am I dying? This doesn't feel like bonding or anything...

Intense pain fills my body and then it all goes black...