1. Arrival

In a large white space, Cale Henituse, also known as the hero of the Western Continent and Young Master Silver Shield, stood with an expression of irritation facing none other than the God of Death himself. His clothes were in tatters and the left side of his chest bore a gaping hole from where he'd stabbed himself.

The Sealed God's test was completed and the White Star along with the blasted God were both defeated. However, Cale now found himself face to face with death. Literally.

"Why am I here?" asked Cale, his fists clenching by his sides as if ready to punch this God that never gave him a minute of rest.

"Send me back. I know the Vitality of the heart can heal me."

The God of Death, intimidating as he may be, couldn't help but shudder at the cold eyes directed at him. Even more so, he could hear the countless curses and death threats from Young Master Cale's precious family holding his physical unconscious body.

"Well? I've already done what you wanted and I can finally have the slacker life I've always wished for. Even if you're the God of Death, I won't hesitate to rage war on you if you give me another tiring task."

Cale was so done with the Gods bullshit. Gods really needed to mind their own business and stop interfering with mortal affairs. The Sun God...the God of Death...the Sealed God...each of them were just one headache after another.

"You...really have no fear of me do you?" the God of Death eventually said.

Cale merely glared at him.

Clearing his throat, the God of Death continued, "I'm sorry for the trouble I've put you through. However, you should know that I'm grateful for your sacrifice in putting an end to the White Star and defeating the Sealed God. A-As a sort of compensation for your tiring and life-threatening efforts, I have decided to give you and your family a vacation of sorts."

Cale's eyes narrowed. 'What was this God up to now?'

"Don't look at me with such judgmental eyes. I'm telling the truth. I'm giving you all a real vacation. No fighting, no wars, and only relaxation."

"...Considering you've summoned my soul here, there must be something more than a simple vacation that you're giving."

Cale was right, as usual.

At that, the God smiled.

"Cale Henituse, how would a vacation in another world sound?"

Cale grew even more suspicious.

"Now hear me out before you reject my offer. As you know, your former world before the apocalypse was relatively normal and peaceful if you discount the human conflicts. I am planning to send you to a world exactly like that. There will be no magic, no monsters, and no supernatural elements. The vacation span will be as long as you want as time will be stopped here as long as you're there."

It wasn't a bad offer, Cale thought. Although this world of magic was exciting, he did miss technology and the entertainment that came with it. And the thought of introducing his family from this world to the one he came from would be a nice experience for them. He was sure his three adoptive children would enjoy the trip.

"If that's the case...I will accept your generous offer."

The God of Death smiled.

"However, should you break your promise of a war-free relaxing trip, you should know we will not hesitate to find you."

The God of Death swallowed nervously and hastily nodded his head. Without a moment's waste, and because the young mortal scared him, he waved his hand and sent Cale and his family to the other world.