Thanks for checking up on me

It's nothing
Get some rest

Will do<3

Cheng sighed and put his phone down. He sank into the couch, both relieved and tired. After thirty more minutes of talking with Jing, he went to bed.

"Hey Cheng" I heard someone say from behind me. I saw Kiara holding a broom in her hand with her brown curls in a high ponytail.

"Kiara. What are you doing here so late?" I asked her, trying not to sound worried.

"I'm standing here with gloves on and a mop in my hand. What does it look like?" Kiara said. I rolled my eyes at her sarcasm.

"Shouldn't you be getting home now?" I asked.

"I have to finish this up before I go anywhere" she said.

"But I'll see you at school tomorrow, yeah?" She said, offering a smile. That smile. Her smile does something to me every time I see it. My heart speeds up and I begin to smile. It's so beautiful and contagious.

It bothers me
But not as much as it used to

"Maybe. I might ditch to go to the mall" I smiled. She gave me an "are you serious" look.

"Your mom would skin you" she joked. I couldn't help but chuckle. She was one hundred percent right. My mom would kill me, revive me and then force me to sit in a room with my father. She can be devious.

"Very true. You'll see me tomorrow" I said before walking to the doors

"Then I have something to look forward to" Kiara said. I stopped at the door, halfway opening it. Did she really say that? I felt a tingling sensation in my body. Was I having a stroke? I decided not to address it and left. Later that night I sat on the couch in my pajamas next to my mom as she read her book.

"In more tragic news, The body of a young American girl was found in a dumpster outside of The Fighting Dragon studio" the reporter said. It must be about the Harper girl again. It really was sad what happened to her. I really hope they found her killer. All I can do is make sure my friends are ok.

"That poor girl. I can't imagine how her family and friends feel"  mom said, looking up from her book.

"The young lady was identified as Kiara Parker of Detroit, Michigan." The reporter said as a picture of Kiara smiling came up. I couldn't believe what I was hearing. I couldn't breathe.

"What?" I managed to get out. I quickly grabbed the remote and rewound the program.

"The young lady was identified as Kiara Parker of Detroit Michigan." The reporter said again. I couldn't move. I couldn't breathe. I only stared at her picture with tears streaming down my face. I couldn't hear anything. I felt numb. So numb that I didn't feel my mother hugging me. I felt my chest tightening. It became so tight that it was hard to breathe. I shut my eyes tightly, trying to catch my breath.

December 4, 2009 >Friday

Cheng jolted awake from his sleep. Gasping for air, he put right hand over his heart.

"Honey? Are you ok?" Jing asked from outside of the door, concern in her voice. Cheng cleared his throat.

"Yeah I'm fine. I'm getting up now" he said. He felt that his shirt was damp from sweat and rolled his eyes.