Chapter 4.2: Serenading a Jealous Goddess

Start from the beginning

I decided to bear with it and use it as an opportunity to know why Koenji-san was acting cold towards us, no, me.

I stared deeply into her oceanic blue eyes and flustered, red face. She looked into my eyes as well.

"Ayo, what the fuck just happened?!" I heard someone shouted but I ignored him

"Kyaa!!! So romantic!" A girl shouted. Probably Satou.

"Shut up, girl! You're ruining their moment!"

Then silence followed.

"S-S-Shiba-kun, the position we are in right now is very embarrassing, please let me go," she said in an embarrassed tone. I don't know why but I felt that she was hesitating to tell me to let go.

"I won't. I'm willing to endure the stares I am getting right now as long as I know why you're acting cold towards me," I replied, staring deeply into her beautiful eyes and face.

"Shiba-kun, I can do an arm bar at you, and you know that!" she shouted, changing the subject.

"I'll see your pantsu if you do so," I whispered without any hesitation as soon as she finished replying.

Her face turned to feiry red hearing my reply.

"I-I... I'm jealous of someone in our group... But I don't mind you seeing my pantsu just a bit though..."

I did my best to ignore what she just muttered and focus on her reply.

"I see." I replied. I don't know what else to reply in this type situation since I haven't experienced this sort of thing.

It would be understandable if our engagement is official but we aren't.

"What should I do to earn your forgiveness, Koenji-san?" I said as I put her on her feet still feeling everyone's eyes that are present inside the classroom still staring at us.

"Y-You d-don't need to do anything. It's my fault, really. I just understand it, but I don't have the right to be jealous to the one you love, after all, you're still not officially my fiance...," she replied in a depressed tone.

It would be awkward if we suddenly hang out with rest of the group after all the commotion we caused. No. All of their topics will be based on us and she'll probably collapse like Airi if she'll get teased when she's at this state. I signalled Kei and the others to go ahead.

I know that her mental and emotional capability is above almost anyone inside or outside this classroom, but the embarrassment I had inflicted to her earlier might lower it for the meantime. I just have to play safe and call it a day.

"I see. See you tomorrow, Koenji-san. Have a good time," I said and left the classroom ignoring the shouts of admiration coming from both of the girls and boys.

"Tomorrow...?" she muttered in a confused voice. That's right. I am going to serenade her tomorrow.

Ike and Yamauchi then caught up to me and put their hands on my shoulder.