1

I ran out of the house not wanting to be late for school. My mom is yelling and literally refused to give me a ride.

Oh well.

I got in the car with my bestfriend, Caitlyn. She usually takes me to school when things like this happen or my mom can't.

"Hey Graysie!" She sounds excited as I open the front door and sit down in the car.

"Hey?" I say a little confused as to why she sounds so happy. But I imediatley change my tone remembering that not everyone's day has been like mine.

"Are you going to the game with me tonight?" She asks with a smile.

"I-I don't know. I have to go to a dinner my mom is having with her highschool friends." I say with annoyance. My mom never does things like this and out of nowhere she has a dinner with her friends?

We got to school and I pushed everything to the back of my mind. Hoping I would have a decent day. I walked in with Caitlyn but we imediatley went our seprate ways since we don't have any classes together. I am the smart one. I call her my bestfriend basically because I don't have anyone else. I mean, people talk to me but I have never really been fully comfortable around anyone, ever.

I went to my locker, to get my books for first period. My locker is a mess and I have to stand there for forever trying to get my books.

"Hey Graysie." I hear a deep, familiar voice from behind me.

I look over my shoulder and see Hayes. He goes to my school, but I have heard rumors about him homeschooling soon. Which wouldn't bother me, considering I don't talk or hangout with anyone like him.

"Hi." I say with a small smile on my face, not wanting to be rude.

"I guess I will see you at your house tonight. For that dinner?" He says with a smile plastered across his face.

What? He is coming to my mom's dinner? This is what gets so damn annoying. My mom plans things and never tells me about them. I don't talk to Hayes. I'm just not that kind of person I guess. "Oh, yeah? See you tonight then I guess?" I rushed.

"Haha, you don't seem too excited about me coming." He said with a weird expression on his face. To be honest, I didn't really care, it was just a shock to me that he was coming to my house.

"No, I am! It should be fun." I lied, not knowing what else to say. He is making me nervous and giddy. I hate this feeling.

"I'll see you tonight then." He smiles at me.

I just smile and walk away quickly. He never talks to me, I mean ocassionaly we will end up at the same parties but we never associate with each other. He is very attractive, which is probably part of the reason why I feel so awkward around him. He has blue eyes and dark hair. His skin is tan and he is wearing a football swearshirt.

I went the rest of the day partly excited for tonight? I never talk to Hayes so maybe this could be a good thing? I have no idea what to expect.