Chapter seven

The soft crunch of snow echoed under Junipers feet as she moved around the snowman. Every year there was a snowman building contest and every year the Gilmore girls participated. Winter was always a favorite part of June's year. She loved the scenery change from autumn gold and red leaves falling from the trees, pooling around her feet to the pure white sheet of snow that seemed to ignite with glitter when the sun hit.

While her mom and sister were working on the lips of the snowman, June was trying to fix the wig that Lorelai had placed onto the top of the snow women. Rory and Lorelai were going back and forth about the lips which led Lorelai to pull of the Mrs.Potato Head lips, bringing a smile to June's face.

"No, forget it, leave stroke-mouth. It's not like we're gonna win this anyway." Rorys tone defeated as she looked to the side of her mom.

"Whoa, bad attitude." Lorelai stated.

"Mom, face it. That is the single most incredible snowman I have ever seen." Rory pointed towards the snowman who looked like it came out of a story book.

"She's got a point mom. I mean look at that. It screams 'incredible, look at me.'" June acknowledged, looking towards the snowman.

"Exactly it's too showy and way over the top." Lorelai tried to seem upbeat to hype the girls up again.

Rory and June shared a look, both speaking at the same time, "Kind of the point of a snowman-building contest."

"He's a ringer."

"How do you figure?" Rory questioned.

This led to Lorelai going into an explanation about how he was recruited, promised money, was financed, and how he was trying to steal the victory from others. This again caused Rory and June to share a look before Rory spoke up.

"Okay, we're ignoring him now. So, what are we gonna do on your guy's school break?" Lorelai inquired, looking between the twins.

June nudged her hand slightly out, letting Rory know she could go first. Once she was finished Lorelai turned towards June.

"I agree with what Rory said, however can we also add the breakfast club to the list of movies?" June wondered. Lorelai nodding yes.

"I'm also going around to take pictures for our school year book of Star Hollows during winter time. And I might have to work a few days at Luke's over the break." June finished stating everything she could think of.

"Well, neither of you can work the whole time." Lorelai doubted that they would but she knew Rory definitely would if she got the chance and June would if she wanted to.

Both twins answered at the same time, "I won't, I promise. Oh my God."

After seeing that the guy was now power buffing the snowman the girls turned around to focus on their snow woman whose head rolled off. This led to them giving up and walking over to Luke's, June showing her mom the pictures she took of them this morning on their way.

❄️❄️❄️

Over the next two weeks things turned from great to okay. While things at home were fine besides Richard being very quite and grumpy and things at the inn had changed to now having the town as their guests, things at school had progressed to worse. Chuck had become persistent on getting June to go out with him, leaving his number in her locker, waiting there too so he could talk to her and coming out of nowhere telling her that she had to go out with him. To be honest June was starting to get very uncomfortable with it and Jess seemed to notice.

The two had gotten closer now, that even Jess admitted to being June's friend even if he refused to call her anything besides 'Bee'. Lately, he had walked with her to class and to her locker to make sure Chuck would leave her alone. It seemed to work most of the times just not the last day of school.