Chapter three

Tonight was Friday night dinner. June hated Friday night dinners. All they ever did was compare Rory and June whether they released it or not. While Rory was pushed on a platform June was the gum stuck under their shoe. Don't get her wrong she loved her grandparents but not because she always wanted top but because sometimes she felt obligated too.

After knocking on the door, it opened showing a new maid. 'Poor maid. She looks nervous. Wonder what her name is' were thoughts that always spun around June's head every time she came over. She would always ask the maids their names because even though her grandparents had told them, they've been wrong many times. So June made sure to always ask for their name when she got the chance. There have been a few times when she's done this and all she's gotten was a nose turned up at her.

Having zoned out for a minute June turned back just as the maid had run off. 'Damn I forgot to listen for her name'  There was an argument coming from the staircase and all three of them turned towards it. As her parents argued back and forth, Lorelai nudged June asking if she brought her disposable camera. June had replied with a, "No and even if I did I don't have film left in it. With those cameras all I get is 22 pictures." With a small nod to her daughter Lorelai turns back to the argument. After a few more back and forth comments they finally noticed the girls. June and Lorelai both clapped their hands in ovation. As they headed to the couches June asked her mom, "What was the maids name?"

The next morning all three girls were at Luke's. Rory and Lorelai at the counter where Lorelai was reading over an article of Rory's while Juniper was rushing around the diner delivering orders and refilling coffee, taking a break every now an then to take a bite of her donut that was beside Lorelai. While June was dealing with most of the customers and their orders, Luke was dealing with the cooking and passing of orders to June when she would come by. Asking the girls at the counter what they want or they get an egg white omelette they ordered quickly.

Just as Luke was saying how he was supposed to have help from Jess, he comes down the stairs in a Metallica shirt.  "What the hell is that?" Luke questions while pointing at Jess's shirt. "What?" While still pointing at the shirt Luke says "That." Jess being the smart ass he is replies, "That is a shirt." Luke tells Jess to go upstairs to change his shirt. Wanting to push his buttons Jess replies, "I like this shirt." "How can you like that shirt?" Luke questions not seeing how anyone could like the shirt. Seeing June approach from behind Luke, taking a bite of her donut he replies, "It brings out my eyes. Don't you think June?"

Turning around, clearly seeing Jess is starting to get on Luke's last nerve, she replies with a cheeky smile, "Yeah it does actually. Your eyes are more of a hazel now." Turning towards June who waves at Luke he states, "Don't encourage this Bug. Jess, part of the deal of you staying here is that you work here, and when you work here you will wear proper work attire, and that is not proper work attire. Now go upstairs and change into something that won't scare the hell out of my customers." Raising his hands in surrender Jess heads up the stair calling down, "Whatever you say Uncle Luke."

Chuckling under her breath while shaking her head slightly, June lofts her head to see all three of them staring at her. "Can I help you with something?" She asks wondering why they were looking at her like that. "When did you two become friends." Lorelai speaks up. Not seeing why it's a big deal she said, "We go to the same school together and have a few classes with each other. And I'm not sure we're friends yet, just mere acquaintances."

Seeing the time June takes off her apron, hangs it up and grabs her things from the back. Seeing as Jess had just come down she walks up to him and lets him know that they have to go soon. With an annoyed nod of having to go to school he grabs his bag and him and June head off to school. While their backs were facing the diner, the two adults looked shocked at how they both willingly went to school without letting out an annoyed sigh. Luke hoping that maybe June would be a good influence but Lorelai worrying because she knows boys like Jess.