Chapter 1: Three Meetings and a Funeral

Y/n felt a strong pain in his chest, where he had been impaled with a spear, he looked to his right and saw a man who seemed nonchalant at the events.

???: What are you doing?

???: Get up.

???: I know you didn't die by that spear.

A drop of blood fell to the ground.

Two realities mixed together and Y/n jolted awake, his senses alerting him of a danger long gone. As he got up, he realized it was a dream.

With this in mind he got up and looked around the room, his eyes fixated in a corner where a person laid. Upon realizing who was the body's owner, a horrible sensation overcame him.

His mother was dead.

No doubt about it, a knife the size of Y/n's 6 year old arm was impaling her.

Y/n stared at the corpse, his brain not wanting to process the information that was being received. That unresponsiveness also led to an unknown figure lurking into the room go unnoticed.

4 years later, Town inside Wall Maria

Baker: STEALING IS A FELONY, COME BACK HERE YOU-

Y/n didn't hear the end of the sentence as he ran amidst people taller than him, trying to escape from whoever he had stolen a week's worth of food from.

However, when he dared peek a glance behind him, he crashed into a man he had met 4 years ago and had been teaching him since.

Levi: What the hell are you doing? Get off me.

Y/n rolled onto the floor, where he met the adult's eyes.

Levi: Didn't I make myself clear last time you stole something?

Y/n shivered, but still tried to make himself sound confident.

Y/n: I still need to eat, I don't want to die, or worse, grow up to be a midg-

Levi: Shut it. Give me the bag.

Y/n: No.

Levi didn't say anything, just glared at him, expressionless. It was enough to convince Y/n.

Y/n: (Sigh) Screw it.

He dropped the bag, and as Levi took it, he gave Y/n a half-smile and said one last thing.