It's moments like this where I question if I'm doing everything right. I know it's wrong for me to hide this from him but I'm doing it for the safety of our child. When he came back to Chelsea after Vitesse and Derby County, I felt closer to him.

After all this time, I still miss and love him. I wondered what it would be like if he was here. Would he teach Luka how to play football, as I envisioned? Would he stay up when Luka was sick and ill?

Anytime I see interviews by accident, it's always about him and his career. One ill never forget is where he talked about us. How I was his motivation for his success at one point. He thanked me not realizing how much his words affected me. Guilty, lonely, and lost.

My thoughts are interrupted when I see Sophia face timing me, along with the other girls, Amelie and Lorelei. "Hello my loves!" I said in a Spanish accent, making them laugh. "HAPPY BIRTHDAY BEAUTIFUL, YOU'RE 21 AHHH" I placed the phone and did a little dance and laughed. "Happy birthday E" I heard Kai yell from the background.

"Thank you guysss, I miss y'all" I pout making them all agree. "We miss you too! We have a quick announcement" Sophia said Kai joining her. The three of us all plastered a questioning look. "Give me a quick second let me place you here" I placed the phone on the counter and told her to tell me the news.

"We're having a cookout next weekend, and we want you to come with the baby. The premier league is starting soon, we want to celebrate Kai's return to Chelsea as well!"

"Oh okay, sounds great, I'll be moved in and settled by the time you guys have the cookout." I said. "Oh yes, when are you moving?" Lorelei asked. "Saturday morning, it will feel weird being back in London" I looked behind me and saw Luka eating his food, then around where all the moving boxes were.

"If you need any help let me know, I can help take care of Luka or move boxes. Your cal!" Amelie said, thanking her for her offer. We talked a bit more, before hanging up. I bathed Luka and then set him down for his nap. I continued to box more items before my mind wandered off to different thoughts.

Mason's POV:
2 years of no regular late facetime calls, 2 years of not being able to hold her, 2 years of feeling desperate for the need of finding her... 2 years of Ella not being with me. I've looked everywhere when it comes to her, in London and Brighton. I've been to her closest friend's house like Soph and Kai,  but no sign of her anywhere. I've thought of hiring a private investigator but I know I shouldn't.

I know I should move on but how can I? She's all I want, everything I envisioned of a perfect wife and mother to my kids. It's hard not knowing what she's doing. I just wanna see her one last time, maybe make things work because I still have faith in us...

I have tried to get into another relationship but that didn't last long. I have one-night stands then and there but they feel different. Like the one from last night. They usually think we're an item or just gold diggers but I push them off.

I closed my thoughts when I heard the bathroom door open. A random girl came out dressed in a pair of shorts and a black shirt. I gave her a small smile feeling the awkward tension forming.

"Hey baby, how are you" she sat down next to me. it didn't feel right, something is up with her and I know it.

"Uh, don't call me that. I'm sorry to cut this short but you have to leave" I grimaced my face. She plastered a confused yet hurt look. "Well I thought after last night we could try and amend things. I really like you Mason..." I cringe at her words, how can she like me after knowing me less than 24 hours.

"Sorry but I don't feel the same way? But you need to go. I'm going to be late for work" I began to push her out of the apartment before she says something that ticks me off. "Is it because I'm not that girl you talked about on TV. What does that slag have that I don't?" she fusses like a child, crossing her arms demanding an answer.

"A better personality and looking face. Don't talk about her like that, you don't know her so don't be quick to judge. No please kindly fuck off" I close the door hearing her groan before stomping away.

It feels good back at Chelsea, this was my home since day one. With enough help from my coach at Derby and my team, I'm happy where I stand. I'm closer to my family, and maybe even her. When I told my mom and family what happened they were all disappointed, but they helped cheer me up after having a bad start that year.

Even Jaz tried to reach her but there wasn't any luck. After arriving at the training center, I geared up and walked outside, greeting the media crew before beginning drills with the boys. We did a lot of work due to the upcoming opener game, we want to make the fans happy but win the Premier League title in the end.

We all sat in a circle after practice. It was me, Ben, Kepa, Timo, Mendy, Christian, and Kai. It was awkward at first but we apologized and set our differences aside, I know he's hiding something, anytime I ask about Ella he changes the subject. I'll find out sooner or later...

"Okay, guys I want to invite yall to a cookout this weekend to celebrate before the season starts. this will be our last moment before reality kicks in, so let's make the most out of it." we all cheered continuing with the previous conversation.

After practice, I made my way to the grocery store needing to pick up groceries I need to cook for dinner and the rest of the week. When I came to a spices isle my heart began to beat faster at a similar figure standing. I saw the curves and long legs and tan skin... no it couldn't be. Their hair was in a low ponytail and wore some ripped-up jeans with a navy green crop top.

Is that Ella? My Ella? I needed to see if it was truly her. This person would turn around though, I saw her paying for her items and walk out. I quickly paid and thank the cashier. I walked outside and saw them closing her trunk and turning the car on.

I looked at the white Grand Cherokee Jeep pull out driving past me realizing who it was. Oh my god, it was Ella. I dialed my mom, shaking and smiling realizing she was back in London. There's no way I'm letting her out of my sight now.

an: sorry for the late update but i'm making it up with chapter twenty 🤭. any ideas of what could happen? 🤭