Ch 1: Level 1. Humans and M.E.G

I land on hard concrete, my suit taking all of the impact. I rise from the ground and look around once more to find myself in what appears to be some type of warehouse or car garage, fog floats around on the ground causing condensation which intern causes pools of water to form on the floor. Everything is made from concrete, the floor the walls. Everything. Caution tape can be seen on some of the pillars. And numbers painted onto the them in white like a normal warehouse.

 I begin to walk around and search my surroundings and soon enough I find a wooden crate. I pop the lid off with my hands and look inside, I find a medical kit, clothing, and a knife. I pocket the knife and med kit for the hell of it but something else inside the crate catches my attention. A glass bottle filled with a strange white murky liquid. I pick it up and try to determine if it's meant for drinking. I take it just in case it comes in handy for something. I take a look inside the medical kit and find some bandages, bandaids, stitches, wound cleaning agents, and painkillers. Useful for humans, but useless for me. I take it anyway in case I find any humans who need help.

 I downloaded all the info that book could tell me onto my suits mainframe. Damn I miss Vega, or I suppose "the Father". Samuel sure was a pain and did ultimately end up trying to stop me, but he still had his good moments. The silence is almost deafening to me. Not hearing him rant at me and Vega not giving me hints and talking to me really gets too me. Then I start thinking about something else I miss, Daisy, I can feel something welling up inside, rage. I let it flow through me like a tidal wave, it's almost rejuvenating. I silence my thoughts because right now I need to focus more than I already am.

 Like I was saying the book said that this was "Level 1" or "The Habitable Zone". Level 1 survival difficulty. Maybe now I'll get to see what this place has to offer in its so called "Entities".

 Suddenly my helmets radio begins picking up frequencies. Human frequencies. I tune into one and hear English being spoken, what's being talked about in the different signals is like banter or phone calls, but one is special. More militaristic in a way. It talks about that M.E.G thing and about other levels, task forces, bases and entities. I keep listening for a solid five minutes until someone on the more military like one says.

 "Sir, Someone is listening in on our comms."
I then hear a more deep voice pipe in.

 "Who?"

 "I'm not sure, Sir. It's signal is unlike anything I've ever seen. It looks human in nature but different in a way."

 "Alright let me speak to them."

 "Yes, Sir." I hear rustling and office chair wheels squeal around before the deeper voice continues.

 "Listen up whoever's listening. These are private communications, wanderers are not allowed to listen in. Is that understood?" I stand there without talking and just turn off the communications link. Well now I know there's humans here. Interesting.

 I continue wandering about until the lights go out completely leaving me in darkness. This immediately puts me on alert, the noises of monstrous shrieking ring out. I pull out the Super Shotgun anticipating a fight, but nothing comes for me. Seconds later the lights flash back on. But when they do I see something at the end of the hallway in the corner of my vision. I turn to face it and see a humanoid creature that seemed to have its skin drooping and sagging off its body in some parts, white eyes shining in the dark corner it currently is peaking out of. It looked almost perfectly human, but I knew there was something off.

 It looked almost perfectly human, but I knew there was something off