015. 𝗧𝗥𝗜𝗖𝗞𝗬 𝗟𝗢𝗩𝗘

Start from the beginning

"When will you come back?" She inquired, ceasing her movement and focusing on the male. He answered after closing the faucet and scanning for a hint of dishonesty. "When my patrol ends, I'll come." he flashed her a look, "You don't need to know anything else."

She pushed away from the table, leaning back, suppressing whatever she had on mind to not reveal itself on her face, hiding her folded arms under the furniture and close to her stomach, gently rubbing the skin. He approached her, sitting down for something more to say.

"When were you planning to leave?" he sternly began, tightly crossing his arms and glaring, she kept her eyes darting to the side, sinking lower into her seat, feeling whatever she was about to utter would end up as a canard.

"In June, 1st week." It would be a useless lie if he was aware.

He listened.

She stole a glance, at his expression, face slightly tilted back, then exhorted, "Give me your email address, phone number, everything. I will cancel it for you." He urged, opening his rough palms towards her.

She knitted her eyebrows, disliking his request, jaw jutting forward, straightening her posture, and answering, "No. I will not hand you anything of mine."

He pinched his lips up, giving away his need for control over her, otherwise, she would run loose, leave him as she did before, and who knows if he could ever see her. He would not let her have her way, not when he could indefinitely help, she was going to need him, whether she wanted it or not.

"Fine, I'll find it out myself." he challenged, which irked her the wrong way.

"No! You can't take hold of things that I need! You've done so much to hinder me already, how much more do you want to ruin my life?" she paused, her cries harsh and discordant, the softer edge of her voice still in place.

Drawing in a heavy breath and swinging her arm across to grip her elbow, "I'm not letting you take your place in my life again." she joylessly muttered, defiantly shaking her face, disgusted by the very notion of it.

"Too bad, I'm not going anywhere." he taunted with an angry smile.

She looked at him.

"Why do you hate me so much, what have I done to you? Are you holding a petty grudge against me for rejecting your feelings? Or was it because I did not praise you like everyone else!" she raised her tone, firmly planting her feet, she fumed, "Must have been nice being at the top, looking down on everyone." she glared back with the same intensity he held in his eyes and clenched her fist.

"How would you know how hard I've struggled to keep up in life." she continued.

"You wouldn't know how much I hated myself, every day even if I'm not in that forsaken place, it's always in my dreams, reminding me that I can't forgive you no matter how hard I try!!"

"Don't you get it? We are not made for each other, I... couldn't try even if I pitied you, I'm willing to put this behind us if you will stop and achieve your dreams that I have no place in. It's still not too late, please, let me cope with my issues." she voiced her worries, wrinkling her face and eyes as a means to show her grieving, grasping her clothing tighter and stifling down the tears from materializing.

She needed to be strong when crying is assumed to be nothing but a weakness.

She's learned it the hard way, displaying emotions is a hurdle to overcome so that she can preserve. The male was silent, speaking with a voice that eventually cracked if anyone were keen enough to hear it.

"Why can't you forgive me?" his knuckles turned white, paring down his tensed muscles and furrowing his brows.

"Is it so hard to look at me every day?!" he screamed, squinting his red eyes and loudly exhaling, his chest pounding, biting his lips till it would bleed, looking down and hiding his face from her, "I've been doing so much, only to hear that you not only can't bring yourself to forgive me but love me as well."