27; music's distractions

a/n: someone asked me in my dms abt what i listen to when i write this fic! answers are:

violet evergarden ost (as this is inspired by the show), steven universe ost, hisoyakani (by lamp), sunflower (michele leigh), flower nap (monoman) and a bunch of other songs that give off the same vibes!

(also, the musical piece that i will be referring to in this chapter is flower nap by monoman! it is linked up there ^^)

now, time for chap 27!

4 months and 2 weeks later

junhui's butler enters his room with a knock, causing the miserable man to look up at the middle-aged butler. junhui puts his glasses on, as the latter spoke.

"you have a visitor, my lord." the butler looked towards his feet. junhui presumed that he was bowing subtly. "an artist from zuivet, who us affiliated with the canvas company."

someone who seungcheol sent. junhui raised an eyebrow, and put his silk robe on. "let them in. check for any weapons before entry. send them in the receiving area."

"understood."

junhui stood up and walked to the receiving area to 'entertain' his unexpected guest. it is less likely to be minghao, since junhui got arrested for kidnapping minghao and his friends so junhui is most likely banned from seeing minghao ever again.

up to this day, junhui still can't decipher why minghao did not settle for an execution. junhui would accept it, since he is aware how bad he treated the young man—but this? letting him run free (despite being fired from his position in the military) with his bags of filthy money? that is what junhui cannot accept, because he does not understand the nature of minghao's decision.

junhui is more than happy to live freely with his treasured money. it was a lifelong dream, even from when he was a little boy. now that he has the chance to live his dream, why is he not satisfied? why does he need to be 'incomplete' because he does not know the reason why he was given this chance?

perhaps, junhui will never be satisfied.

junhui sat down on the loveseat to his left, glancing at the grand piano before fixating his gaze on the empty loveseat across him. who could his visitor be?

a firm man enters the room, who had a familiar face. junhui recognized the same slanted eyes who wore a suit made up of dead colors, despite being an artist. today, he was wearing a suit set in an illusionary nude color palette. junhui reckons that he was also caught up in the little show he made when minghao did a commission in miyuni.

"i know you," junhui muttered, just enough for the latter to hear. "what was your name again? what's your purpose?"

as if junhui said nothing, the latter continued on and sat on the loveseat across him. it was then revealed that he brought a case of an oddly niche shape—a violin.

they stared at each other.

"hello?!" junhui yelled, snapping his fingers. "i asked you a question!"

he was not agressive as a child. junhui learned that if he wanted to be rich, and to live a good life, he should be harder on everyone, and on himself. that is why he turned out this way.

he was once a charming hero of the story, who turned into a brooding villain willingly to reach his goal. junhui regrets some things, but he does not regret being the villain entirely.

junhui regrets that he cannot laugh without his voice being laced with venom. junhui hates that his eyes always have to be set on the prize. along the way, junhui saw some beautiful things that he could have distracted himself with. but, junhui chose the direct road to his goal.