Chapter 2: A Place of Undeserved Pain

The Galaxy Two, or as Gary still insisted, the Dragon Hawk 5 slowly approached the war scarred planet of Ventrexia. And on board, the crew had mixed feelings. Gary was excited to see the home planet of his best friend and son. Quinn was low key curious about what it was like, but she was more focused on keeping her boyfriend from jumping off the walls. Little Cato was relieved a bit, believing that he can get justice for his "parents," but was unsure as a small part of him had already forgiven his father. Sheryl was indifferent about it, but was amused by her son's excited antics. Biskit was relieved to be home. And Avocato, he barely remembered the place, but he wasn't sure he wanted to. He was nervous and dreaded going down to the surface.

"I cant believe we're here! Avocato! You gotta tell me about Ventrexia!" Gary chattered excitedly.

"I don't think I can, buddy," Avocato sighed, leaning against the wall with his arms crossed over his chest.

"Why not?" Gary asked.

"Yeah! Why not, Da- Avocato?" Little Cato asked, looking at his father with an unamused expression.

"Because my memories of this place haven't exactly returned, and frankly, I'm not sure I want to remember. When I try to remember, all I see is death and destruction. I see those who I watched be slaughtered every time I close my eyes."

"Have you tried remembering anything else?" Gary asked, concerned for his friend.

"I have, and it brings me back to so much pain. Not to forget the migraines."

"What have you remembered exactly?" Quinn asked skeptically.

"All I remember other than the war is... Apricat. Only a few pleasant memories before her untimely death."

"You sure you didn't just make her up?" Little Cato snarled, now believing that his father made up a lie about his mother.

"I didn't make her up. She was the love of my life, and you look so much like her. Except for a few things. I remember how she looked, how whenever she laughed she would always end up holding her sides, and vaguely how we met. I cant remember everything, not even her voice, but she was real. You have to believe me."

"I'll believe you when I see proof." Little Cato huffed and crossed his arms, looking at his father with a skeptical expression.

"I'd show you, but Im not sure you'd be able to recognize me. The pictures I have are two to three years older than you, and I look a bit different," Avocato chuckled.

"How different we talkin' about, homeslice?" Gary asked, throwing an arm around his Co-Dad's shoulder.

"Yeah. What was different? If it was different clothes, that's not major," Quinn stated.

"You wouldn't believe me but, I had hair. Long hair." Avocato said with a smirk.

"How long we talking?" Sheryl asked.

"Almost down to my waist. A lot of people said I looked like a hippie." He chuckled.

"You? A hippie? You're a killer. A cold blooded killer," Little Cato said, refusing to believe his Dad.

"I- "

Avocato was cut off by HUE as they landed, "Im sorry to interrupt but, we have landed. I will download myself into my physical body so I can come with you all. I was starting to wonder what Ventrexia was like."

Avocato just grumbled to himself and crossed his arms, not liking to be interrupted. "Not forgiven HUE. I don't stop you when you're talking. I don't stop anyone. But I'm always the one being interrupted. Nobody seems to know manners. This is madness."