Chapter 5

Disclaimer: I do not own National Treasure, only my own character.

Chapter 5

"Hello Dad" I say and he smiles at me then looks at Ben accusingly. He looks around and notices two other people are here too.

"Where's the party?" He asks. Still standing in the door and not letting us in.

"Well...uh...I'm in a little trouble" Ben says.

"She pregnant?" He asks while pointing to Abigail.

"No!" Ben and Abigail say at the same time.

"You better not be pregnant girl!" He says while glaring at Riley.

"Well if she is are you going to leave your pregnant daughter out in the cold?" Ben interrupts. Dad opens the door and the boys go in.

"I look pregnant?" Abigail turns to  me.

"Of course not! Do I?" I ask her and she shakes her head and we enter the house.

"This better not be about that dumb treasure. Well have a seat. Make yourselves comfortable. There is some pizza. Still warm I think" Dad says and gestures to a pizza box on the table. I look around and the house is a complete mess and he looks like he isn't much cleaner.

"Dad we need the Silence Dogood letters please" I tell him and he seems to smile a little when he sees me.

"It is about the treasure" Ben tells him, the smile quickly disappears.

"And he dragged you three into all of this?"

"Dad he didn't drag me into it. You know that we both wanted to find it" I tell him and h takes a seat. He was always protective of me, his little girl.

"I volunteered" Riley says proudly. He is such a idiot at times.

"Well un-volunteer before you waste your life" Dad tells them harshly.

"Knock it off Dad" Ben tells him while looking round the bookshelves.

"Of course I know, I'm the family kook. I have a house, a job, health insurance. Do you want to waste your life and ruin your sister's in the process? At least I had your mother for however brief of time. At least I had you and Elisabeth. What do you have?" Dad tells us in a rant and looks sadly at me. He understands why I wasn't allowed into collage, he feel it is partly his fault too. If it is, I don't blame him.

"Look just give us the letters and we will be gone" Ben tells him sadly, this is one of the main reasons that Ben doesn't keep in touch with Dad, he always makes Ben feel awful and as though he has wasted his life, which he hasn't.

"You disopoint me Ben" Dad  tells him.

"DAD!" I shout but Ben waves me away.

"Maybe that's the real Gates family legacy. Son' who disappoint their fathers" Ben tells him and takes a seat.

"Get out, take your troubles with you" Dad tells us. I see Riley and Abigail sitting on the couch looking very uncomfortable. If I wasn't used to it by now I would have ran a mile.

"Dad stop. Ben found the Charlotte" I tell him. Dad turns around and looks at Ben in shock.

"The Charlotte? You mean that she was a ship?" Dad asks and suddenly looks interested.

"Yeah she was beautiful. It was amazing Dad" Ben tells him. Dad looks amazed.

"And the treasure?" He asks us all.