Chapter 16 : Consequences

Start from the beginning

The class looked a little confused and annoyed when Chabashira called them defects, but they didn't have the courage to speak up after all the events that took place, prior to the situation.

A cold and tense atmosphere formed in the Class when Chabashira went silent for a second, before silently chuckling to herself...Seeing which Ayanokouji sighed. The others gulped in nervousness, awaiting the words of their homeroom teacher.

'She is having way too much fun tormenting the idiots...Well, I can understand her feelings. She must have wanted to kill herself after observing them for a whole month.'

"You guys want to know why you didn't receive any points this month, am I correct?"

One stiff nod from them and Chabashira continued her rant.

"A total of ninety-eight absences and late arrivals. Three hundred ninety-one incidences of talking or using a cell phone in class. That is quite a few infractions over one month. In this school, your class's results are reflected in the points that you receive. As a result, you wasted all of the 100,000 points that you should have received. That's what happened.

I explained this all to you on the day of the entrance ceremony, didn't I? At that moment, Ayanokouji even asked a very important question of whether one's worth in this school fluctuates or remains constant...But instead of listening to him, what did you guys do? Accusing him of being a quote unquote Smartass who likes to show off."

Every single one of them lowered their heads in shame while Horikita let out a smile filled with satisfaction while watching them. Ayanokouji noticed her expression and sighed to himself.

'And this is the girl who was accusing me of being a sadist.'

 This school measures its students' true abilities. This time, you were evaluated as being worth nothing. That's all."

Chabashira-sensei's robotic voice echoed around the room as the atmosphere got even more tense as the students of Class-D began to realise their predicament.

'Congratulations geniuses, you are finally touching grass and coming to terms with reality. I'm very proud of you all.'

The brown haired boy heard the noise of pencil moving against paper. He looked towards the source of the noise. There was Horikita who seemed to be tallying the number of absences, tardy arrivals, and instances of talking in class down in her notebook.

"Chabashira-sensei. I do not recall hearing you explain that to us before—"

"What? Are you incapable of understanding something unless it's explained in detail?"

"Of course. There was never any talk about reducing our points. Had that been explained beforehand, I'm sure we would have avoided being late or talking during class."

"That is a rather bizarre argument, Hirata. It is certainly true that I don't recall explaining the rules of point distribution. However, didn't you all learn in elementary school not to be late or talk in class? Was that not taught throughout your elementary and junior high schools?"