"And what are you going to do? Hurt her again?" she huffed.

"Look who's talking. Didn't you hurt her a lot of times already?" Kazuha sarcastically laughed.

"That's not relevant." Chaewon retorted.

"I won't hurt Y/n like you did. So step aside." Kazuha then rolled her eyes before taking my hand and pulling me away.

I looked back and stared at Chaewon. I wanted to go to her, but I was afraid that my friendship with Kazuha would get worse.

"Kazuha, you know you're really confusing me these days." I groaned as soon as we sat down the room.

"What about me is confusing?" she sighed.

"You get angry with little things, and then you smile like nothing happened afterwards. And you told me to do whatever I want, but now you're angry again." I complained continuously like a child.

"Don't you get it, Y/n?" she asked.

"Yes, I don't get you!" I talked back.

We stared at each other for a few more seconds, either of us not backing down from this tension.

"I li--"

She was interrupted when the professor suddenly came in and told us to prepare for a long quiz. I looked at the door waiting for Chaewon to come in since she wasn't in her seat. But the whole class, she wasn't present.

"Oh, and Ms. Kazuha you're coming at the office after classes. There's a lot of work you need to catch up on." our prof told her.

As soon as we finished the class, I looked at the hallways but I can't see any sign of her. I was starting to get worried that something might have happened.

"Y/n, did you hear me?" I felt a nudge on my shoulder.

"Huh?" I asked.

"I told you to wait for me after classes. I'll probably be making up for the time I was gone with all my subjects." Kazuha stated.

"Aren't you excused?" I questioned.

"No. It sucks." she exhaled deeply.

"Okay. I'll wait for you." I nodded then we both went to each of our next classes.

As soon as I entered the room, I immediately looked if Chaewon was there. But at the back, I only saw Yujin.

"Hey, have you seen Chaewon?" I asked her after sitting down.

"Nope. Wasn't she with you in your first class?" she asked in return.

"No. But I saw her earlier in front of the building." I worriedly explained.

When the door opened, I felt a huge relief when I saw her. Her head was hung low, and she quietly sat down beside me.

"Chaewon, are you okay?" I asked her.

She turned her head to look at me, and I can see how down she was. Her eyes looked sad, and she didn't mutter a word.

"I'm sorry about her. I should've--"

"I heard she's going to be busy with school works after classes." she cut me off.

I wondered upon how she knew since she wasn't there, but I agreed nonetheless.

"Can we talk, then? I'll wait for you at the back of the building." she asked.

I hesitated, since I was scared of what Kazuha would do if she found out. But she would be busy that time, so I should take this opportunity.

"Sure."

Later that day, I bid Kazuha goodbye as she went inside the office. After making sure that she had already started with her works, I looked around before rushing at the place where Chaewon and I decided to meet.

"Hey." I greeted.

She looked up and put a small smile on her lips after seeing me.

"Kazuha's already at the office. What is it that you wanted to say?" I asked.

She looked around for a while before returning her attention back to me.

"I... I have a confession to tell." she said.

My heart beated faster inside my chest and awaited for her to continue.

"The truth is... I have liked you all this time." she admitted.

I didn't know how to react. I was happy that she felt the same, but I felt more curious as to why she felt unhappy about it. And why exactly she kept it from me.

"I know you're thinking that, why I rejected you when I actually like you... Well, there's also another thing that you need to know." she added.

Now, I felt scared. I didn't know why, but there was this gut feeling...

"I don't know if I should be the one to tell you, or if it's the right time for you to know. But there's nothing that I would want more than this." she sighed.

"What is it?" I asked.

"I want to take you somewhere far. Far away from here." she said.

I tilted my head and just stared at her, studying her expressions and analyzing what she just said.

"What? Why?" I questioned.

"It's.... It's hard to explain right now. But I'll be giving you time to think about it." she answered.

This confession was out of the blue, and to be honest this is getting weird. If she had only told me the first part, it would've been fine. But after what she offered, I'm confused.

"Chaewon!"

We both looked at the direction where the voice came from, my heart beating really fast from nervousness that someone heard what we talked about.

"Yujin, what are you doing here?" I asked.

"Oh, I came to look for Chaewon. We're supposed to have a group meeting after class." she explained.

I looked back at Chaewon and saw her nod subtly.

"I'll be going ahead. You should go too before she finds out you're here." she told me before walking away.

After arriving in front of the office, I saw Kazuha still sitting at a table with pieces of paper on the desk. I sighed of relief and decided to sit at the floor. I still have a lot to take in.

Why exactly is Chaewon asking me to run away from here?

And what else is she hiding? She said she liked me, but there's obviously something more.

What was that something that keeps her from being truly free?

I exhaled deeply and closed my eyes. All this confusion from Kazuha to Chaewon will drive me insane. I don't even know who to talk to about these things.

I could feel my eyes getting tired. The silence in the hallways and the lights getting brighter as the sky gets darker made me feel sleepy. I decided to lean my head back and rest for a bit, until I heard a vibration from my phone.

As soon as I saw Chaewon's name on the caller ID, I didn't waste any second and answered it.

"Chaewon? What's u--"

"Y/n? Is that you?"

I took a second look at the caller after hearing Yujin's voice, then wondered why it was her who was using Chaewon's phone.

"Yujin? Why are you using--"

"Look. I don't know why, but I pressed the speed dial and now I hear your voice."

I knitted my eyebrows and stood up, feeling intrigued at what's happening.

"I'm at Chaewon's speed dial?"

"Y/n, something happened. Please come over at the hospital right now."