Four

"Thalia didn't show up to school today either." Stella says to Ramon walking her bike through a cornfield just shortly down the road from the Milner residence. "Chuck, Auggie, and I are worried about her, and Tommy didn't show up to school either. I mean, there's no way it's actually connected, right?"

"Yeah, of course it's not." Ramon let's out still not fully believing anything Stella is saying. 

Then they both hear cop's walkie talkies in the distance in front of Thalia's house. Stella looks closer to see an exhausted looking Thalia Milner right before her eyes wrapped in a cardigan speaking to an officer.

Ramon then flinches and begins to retreat backwards slightly behind Stella. "Stella, I can't get mixed up with the police."

She looks at him with a certain look in her eyes. "I have to see it."

"So, you were the last one seen with Mr. Milner before he disappeared?" an officer with a notepad asks Thalia.

She visually looks uncomfortable talking about it. So, she nods showing that the Officer is in the right. She can't exactly explain to the cops what she really saw last night. It would seem way too fake and would immediately send Thalia to the looney bin. 

"Did he seem off? Like was his behavior odd?" Thalia clears her throat after the officer asks his questions.

She sniffles. "He's well how do you say, irregular? One day he could be acting one way and the next he could be completely different. He was out drinking probably with his friends before he got home. I was waiting until past my bedtime to see if he would make it home himself, he did. My mom sent me outside to get him, he mostly listens to me we're pretty close. So, I followed him outside and began calling his name, I waited for a reply then I heard his screams coming from the corn maze, so I went in I saw him. I turned away for a split second then he was gone." Thalia felt awful for lying to an officer, but she did what she had to do to keep everything on the down low.