Chapter 31 - Confession

Comenzar desde el principio

Goyle suddenly looked up and saw Dennis as well, probably sensing his gaze onto him. The two boys looked at each other. Dennis was paler, thinner and he wasn't smiling.

They both turned away. Dennis got into the train and searched for an empty seat.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Mid-September, Hogwarts

Gregory Goyle was walking in the grass, not far from the castle. It was late evening, there was no one in sight. He was in a rather bad mood.

Then he heard some odd noises, coming from an isolated part of the park. Intrigued, he walked towards the source of the noises. He was very surprised when he found out it was Dennis, who was casting spells. Diminuendo. Expelliarmus. Impedimenta, Protego, Stupefy. Expecto Patronom (he struggled a little on this one). Stupefy again... Goyle stared at him for a moment, but Dennis didn't notice him.

Then he stopped and wiped off the sweat of his forehead, exhausted. He had lost a little weight, he looked even paler. Where did he find the energy to cast so many spells? He seemed to be at the end of his tether. Dennis looked up and met Goyle's eyes.

They talked for a while that night. Dennis explained that, during the war, his brother and him couldn't go to school because of lord Voldemort's policy. Since Colin and Dennis were Muggle-borns, they couldn't attend their classes. Anyway, they kept practicing DADA spells on their own. Every day, they woke up early, went in the woods near their place and casted spells all day. After a few months, both of them managed to cast easy, nonverbal spells.

Goyle was pretty impressed. He couldn't imagine they would be so... dedicated. So persistent.

"How come you weren't at the Battle of Hogwarts?" the Slytherin asked.

"My brother forbid me to go" Dennis explained. "He said I was too young and he left... But I can't get rid of this habit. Every day I train. I think about him. I don't know. It helps me to empty my mind, sort of..."

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Mid-September, Hogwarts

Dennis was walking out from his Potion class, when he saw Goyle and Pansy Parkinson in the corridor. They were side by side, talking together.

The Gryffindor boy didn't say a word. He greeted him with a nod and Goyle imitated him.

They went away, each in an opposite direction.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Late September, Hogwarts

Dennis Creevey was training in the park, like every evening, when Goyle came up. He looked very cross.

"What's wrong?" Dennis asked, lowering his wand. "You look upset."

The Slytherin was pacing furiously. Dennis wiped his face with his handkerchief, drops of perspiration were falling from his hair. He blinked. He couldn't sleep lately. His hand was shaking, he hid it inside his pocket.

"I think Draco is trying to make his dad come back in England" Goyle said sourly. (Dennis froze.) "He keeps writing letters that he sends to the Ministry. Long letters. He always hide them into his damn box... I'm sure he's trying to negotiate with the Ministry and with some Aurors, to make a deal with them to get his father back."

The younger boy frowned, his mouth was dry.

"But... they'll never accept it. That's impossible, he has to go in jail. Forever."

Goyle gritted his teeth.

"The Malfoy family still has some connexions. They were very powerful and they still are, in a way."

"But... But Lucius Malfoy is a Death Eater!" Dennis cried helplessly.

"I know! But he changed sides at the Battle of Hogwarts... And maybe... maybe if Lucius makes amend, they'll forgive him! The Aurors may rather want him nearby and free than in the lose." (He kicked a rock, it went flying.) "I've seen this countless times! The Malfoys always get away with everything! It's so unfair! My dad got a life-long sentence to Azkaban and that snooty- that- that coward will get away!"

Dennis didn't reply. Actually, he couldn't listen to him properly. He could only hear a buzzing sound, his head was empty. Panic flew through him. A huge feeling of injustice seized him, made him almost suffocate.

Lucius Malfoy was going to come back. He would come back in Great Britain and live his life like he always did, as a free man. With all his family, they would be together, unharmed.

Dennis thought about his brother, who died just a few months ago. Anger grew more and more, inflated into his chest. He felt like he might be on the verge of exploding. He had to do something to stop the Malfoys. He leaned over Goyle and grabbed his arm.

"We cannot let this man be free, not after all the bad things he has done. He's guilty, he doesn't deserve to have a preferential treatment" he stated firmly.

"But what can we do?" Goyle asked helplessly. "Nobody knows where he is!"

"I may have an idea..." Dennis smiled slowly. "We could team up, what do you think?"

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Hi dear readers^^

Wow, 31 chapters already O.o When I started this fanfiction two years ago, I didn't expect it would have so many chapters! But it seems the inspiration is here! Thank you so much for reading it and for your support, I love your comments about the plot so much^^

Just to let you guys know : I created a Ko-fi account. If you like my stories and you wish to support me, you can go on ko-fi.com/emmabthyste (link in the comment below) and you can buy a coffee to support my work :)

Also, I started to post an original story on Wattpad, it's called Tim and Wes. If you're interested, check it out, but careful : very hot content ahead ;D

Next update soon^^

Sweet Sugar Spike / Emma B. Thyste

 Thyste