Vol. 1 : Chapter 1.2 - The S-System.

"Sensei, may I ask a few questions?"

The sound of cheering stopped as soon as I spoke those words. All of my classmates' eyes are now glued towards me. Somehow, having this kind of attention feels somewhat nerve wracking.

"You're Ayanokouji Kiyotaka-kun, right? As long as it is something I am permitted to answer, you can feel free to ask me your question" She replied.

"Okay then, could you explain why there are multiple surveillance cameras installed in the classroom?" I asked.

As I said those words, I could see a confused expression on my classmates. Seeing this, I let out a small sigh and point my finger to one of the corners of the classroom.

At the direction of where I was pointing, there was a surveillance camera attached to the roof. It was cleverly hidden to the point that most people wouldn't be able to spot it unless they have good eyes.

"What the hell?!"

"... I didn't even notice..."

All of my classmates began to murmur as they showed their surprise, except for Koenji. From the very beginning, he had been only looking towards his own reflection with delight. It seems he had already noticed the cameras as soon as he entered the classroom.

"Isn't it obvious? The cameras are placed there to observe the students." She answered.

Well it isn't unnatural to have set up cameras in classrooms to prevent things like bullying, it's rather strange that they had kept its existence hidden from the students. Also, it felt like she had emphasized the word 'observe' rather strongly when she answered.

"Is that all?" 

"No, I have a couple more question I wanted to ask. Firstly, I'm still concerned about the mechanics of transferring points. Is there a way to make sure that no one would get scammed during a negotiation?" 

Once again, my question raise quite a commotion among my classmates.

"Quite down, all of you." Chabashira-sensei warned the group of students who were making loud noises before continuing."You don't have to worry about getting scammed, if there are negotiations with complicated conditions ever happens, you can make them sign a contract, thus making the deal foolproof."

I would've at least expected this school to have this kind of system in place, but it still has some loopholes that could be used, such as tricking or forcing someone to sign a contract with unfair conditions, and if those conditions were to be broken or be unfulfilled, then they would probably get punished as well.

"Are there any other questions?" She asked while looking at me with eyes full of expectation.

"Yes, there are. Could you explain to us the details of the point-system?" 

"I'm sorry, Ayanokouji. But I can't answer that." At this moment, the apathetic expression that she had been showing earlier has now been completely replaced with a pleased smile. I would have said "You look more beautiful when you smile" to her, but the serious atmosphere in the classroom prevented me from doing so.

"Why? Can you tell us the reason?" 

"No, I don't have the authority to answer that kind of question." She said. I had noticed that she said 'permitted to answer' earlier at our conversation. Does this mean the school is withholding information about S-system?

"I see, thank you, sensei. That is all the questions I have for now."

Sensei's smile slightly twitched when she heard my words, I guess she didn't expect me to end the conversation right here.