THE FOUNDER'S DAY

Start from the beginning

Mysha gave her a bright smile, "Hi. It's great to meet you too. If Caroline had told me her new friend was this pretty, I would have accompanied you guys for lunch." Sif chuckled while Damon's hand over her waist tightened and his eyes narrowed.

They made conversation for some time the girls had to report to the float. The couple stood in the crowd and watched the parade oblivious to what was going on at the house.

⟪⁌‖↤∾∳∾↦‖⁍⟫

Katherine stood in front of the boarding house, wondering if the residents had been wise enough to keep a human owner. She took a step inside and raised an eyebrow when her foot passed the threshold with no restriction. Apparently not that wise.

She walked around the house, looking for the device. She went into Stefan's room and smirked when she saw her picture in one of his drawers. The picture and the similarities between her and his girlfriend told her that he still loved her. She could have fun with that.

Moving on to Damon's room, she went through all the drawers thoroughly, trying to find the device and anything useful to use against her nemesis. She scoffed when she found the device in Sif's cupboard. It wasn't even hidden properly. Sif's overconfidence in being the best was always her downfall. It was her downfall even in 1864. Katherine stared at the device and murmured, "You wanted me to come to Mystic Falls, Sif. I'll come. I'll come with a bang."

⟪⁌‖↤∾∳∾↦‖⁍⟫

After the parade, the couple moved over to the grill. Damon and Sif sat on the bar counter having burgers and bourbon. Sif let out a pleasured moan as she took a bite of her burger and Damon looked at her in amusement. "Sif, I thought we agreed to keep the noises in the bedroom," Damon said in a scandalous tone, looking around.

Sif huffed a laugh, "If this was in our bedroom, then I'd definitely make these noises. This century continues to amaze me. Even the food is amazing here." Damon watched her eat with a smile on his face. If they had gotten the chance, they would have made the most of the 20th century too. Damon would have taken her to every restaurant open. He would have taken her to all the clubs too. She would've loved them.

After Sif had eaten three burgers, the two walked around in the town square, looking at the decorations. It was night and almost time for the fireworks when John came up to them. They knew the only reason John would approach them was to give them information on the threats coming into Mystic Falls. He would tell them and then leave.

Sif asked him for any useful information and John said, "Katherine is back in town." Sif smirked, "Finally. It's been far too long. Next time you see her tell her I'm waiting." John nodded and left. As soon as he was out of their sight, they ran into Anna.

Damon raised an eyebrow at her, "You're still around?" Anna grimly informed, "There's something you need to know. The vampires from the tomb are planning an attack tonight." Sif asked how she would know that and Anna explained, "I went to them. They think I'm with them but I'm not. They want the Founding Families dead." Damon asked, "When is this supposed to happen?"

Anna answered, "When the fireworks start. A lot of people are gonna die. I thought you'd like to be informed." Damon looked around, "Where are they right now?" Anna replied that they were already here. Sif and Damon looked at each other and Anna left.

"We need to get the Forbes and Gilberts out of here," Sif spoke and Damon nodded. While searching, they found Alaric and walked towards him. Damon called out to him and asked, " You keep those nifty little vampire darts in the car?" Alaric furrowed his eyebrows, "Yeah, why do you ask?" Sif replied, "Because this square is covered with tomb vampires. I believe we might need a stake or two." Alaric nodded and left.