It was all her mistake.

Manik wanted to shut his eyes at the sound of Nandini crying in her mother's arms

Manik wanted to shut his eyes at the sound of Nandini crying in her mother's arms. It was heartbreaking to put in simple words. She just would not stop crying.

He clutched his hair wanting nothing more than to pluck them out. Niyonika walked out of the room followed by Raj and Cabir. Manik neither looked up or stood up from the bench he was sitting on as his mother walked to him.

Niyonika: Manik.

Manik: We are going for an abortion, Maa. It is final.

Raj: Did Nandini agree?

Manik remained silent. He turned away his face, letting out a sigh. Ayesha and Karan walked out of the room at the same time with Karan wrapping her arms around her shoulder as she cried in his embrace.

Niyonika: Manik, Look at me and tell me, did Nandini agree?

Manik still didn't dare to look at his mother. It seemed to anger her for she roughly held his shoulder making him stand up. Manik looked down the next moment not being able to stare in her eyes.

Niyonika: Manik.

Manik: She doesn't have to agree, Maa. I have made the decision.

Raj: And you don't find it necessary to ask her once?

Manik: Ask her what, dad? That if she wants to die?

Manik looked at his father this time who fell silent with wide eyes even at the thought of Nandini dying. Everyone understood his point yet they felt it was wrong. Nandini had every right on the baby. Although nobody would support her decision to keep this baby, they couldn't snatch away her rights.

Cabir: Bhai is right, Dad. We can't lose bhabhi.

Mukti: But it is her baby too!

Manik: and she is my wife. I get to decide if her life is on stake. We are not keeping this baby.

Manik sounded adamant. Sure, it hurt to say those words but he told himself, it was important. With Nandini beside him, they could have a baby in the future too, but if Nandini won't be there, the baby would mean nothing to him.

They heard the door open, and an emotional Abhi walked out followed by Rhea. They stared as Abhi came near Manik.

Abhi: Manik- save my sister. Please.

Manik's gaze softened as he heard the plea in his tone. He could only nod at Abhi who tried his best not to cry. Manik knew what Nandini meant to him.

With a heavy sigh, Manik stepped forward and wrapped his arms around the huge man, trying to comfort him while Abhi hugged him back with double force.

Manik: I will. At any cost.

Whatever it may take.

The next morning, Manik entered inside the hospital room only to find both the families inside. Mukti was hugging Nandini and crying, probably apologising for what happened but even Nandini didn't blame her.