"I know you are," he says and I shrug my shoulders.

"So why did you pay?"

"Because that was part of the deal, remember? Money and protection."

Shit.

He's right.

"But I'm only here for the protection. Not the money."

"Then why did you agree to both?" he asks in confusion.

I shake my head saying, "I didn't. I agreed to the protection."

"And the money," he nods.

I let out an irritated sigh, looking out the front window then back at him.

"Well money would necessarily mean food, water, you know. The necessities. Things we all need."

"But you need clothes too."

"No-" I cut myself off. "Yes. I need clothes but not this. I only bought these because I wanted it. Not because I needed it."

"So you wanted clothes and you bought it?" he asks and I nod. "Well I wanted to pay so I did. What's the difference?" he asks and I let out a humorless chuckle.

I shake my head, taking my purse.

"You're insufferable," I say getting out and slamming the door behind me.

He gets out and when I round the car he steps in front of me.

"Don't slam the door in my face," he warns and I turn my head slightly to the side, not wanting to look up at him.

I roll my eyes, crossing my arms over my chest. He takes my face in his hands and makes me look at him.

"Roll your eyes at me again and I'll give you a better reason to do so," he says and I swallow hard. "Now tell me why you won't let me spend my money on you."

"You're not spending it on me, you're wasting it on me. Happy?" I ask but he doesn't look the part.

"Spending my money on you isn't wasting it," he says and I stare up at him.

"Yes it is. So stop," I say pulling my face out of his grip.

"That's not the real reason," he says and my heart nearly stops.

"Yes it is."

"You're lying."

"I don't care if you believe me or not, just stop wasting money on me," I say and he clenches his jaw. "Now can I go and get ready for dinner?" I ask feeling my lungs burn.

He hesitates before lightly nodding towards the house and I step around him, heading inside.

I close my bedroom door, seeing all the bags on my bed. I immediately take my shirt off, walking into the bathroom.

I turn the shower on, pulling my skirt down.

I take off all my jewelry, leaving it on the sink as I get undressed, hopping into the shower.

Standing completely under the water, I let the hot, burning water completely soak me from head to toe.

It's okay Nirah.

You'll be fine.

From now on you just won't accept anything he buys. He'll have to stop sooner or later.

History can't repeat itself.

After my shower I got out and changed into my black, matching set.

Cute, simple, lingerie always makes me feel better.

I threw on an oversized t-shirt as I cleared my bed, putting away all of my clothes.

My mind rushed to the memory of his hands on my skin. His eyes staring down at me with intensity that made me feel things I didn't know I was capable of feeling.

All I could think of was staying in his arms forever. Feeling the heat of his body on mine.

The feel of his bare skin.

His soft lips.

The way he never smiled but when he did it was the most beautiful thing I'd ever seen. Seeing his smile made my knees weak - literally - and my heart flutter.

I never realized how perfectly beautiful a man could be until now.

Until him.

I guess I do have a little crush on him.

But it will never work because you can't force love but I'm okay with that. Being in his presence is better than not being with him at all.

A knock at the door snapped me out of my thoughts. I told them to come in and quickly brushed a tear that had subconsciously fallen.

"Dinner is ready miss Nirah," Katie smiles.

"Thank you," I nod, returning the smile.

I quickly changed into my pajama shorts and tank top - not really caring if he'll have a problem with it - and headed downstairs.

I walked into the room and he was speaking to one of the male workers.

I greeted with a smile and he returned it.

Our food was brought out and Antonio let me start eating while he spoke to the man in Italian.

I could barely eat while listening to how good he sounded.

The words rolled off his tongue so smoothly. The language was attractive - as we all know - but when he spoke it, it was something else.

The man said something that made him scoff, with a little smile and I crossed my legs.

Oh God he's so fucking hot.

He turned his head to me and I snapped my head down to my plate, closing my mouth.

Fuck. He caught me staring.

Again.

Soon the man said goodbye and I smiled up at him as he left the room. Antonio apologized and I nodded.

He didn't touch his food and I took a long sip of water.

"You're still mad at me," he says pushing his chair back. "Come here."

I looked over at him. "You can hear me from here when I speak, can't you?" I say annoyingly.

"Come. Here," he says and I roll my eyes, looking away.

Shit.

I shouldn't be rolling my eyes.

___

HI EVERYONE<33
yeah... the past/trauma can be a bitch sometimes.
affecting past relationships, like omgg
DON'T FORGET TO VOTE!!