CHAPTER 8

Jalisan welcomes Irina.

IRINA'S POV

Thud!

I woke up feeling a pain in my head. I gently touched my head to soothe the pain.

"Hahaha. Cute. Nally is so cute."

I look at the person beside me. When I saw her, I realized we were on the bus going to Jalisan. My cheeks turned red.

"Uh, look at this kid. She's getting flustered."

I felt embarrassed. I didn't expect to fall asleep. Seriously, I just closed my eyes, but then darkness filled me. Then my head hit the window; the bump freaking hurts. Ugh... I hate pain!

I turned my head toward the window.

"Hey, kid, are you sulking?"

Definitely no.

I  avoided Idetta's gaze. The window caught my attention. I saw a lot of GREEN! That's when I noticed that we were getting closer to Jalisan.

'Finally! New life! I hope my life there will be full of school life and the slice of life genre.'

Indeed, a slice of life is the best. I clench my fist with determination to live peacefully.

I waited and waited until the bus stopped. I felt a movement in my side. Idetta stood up and looked at me.

"Kid, are you not going to stand up? We're here."

My eyes sparkled at what she said.

I step out of the bus. I looked at my surroundings and cried inside.

I thought my plans worked, and now this is my happy ending.

I walked forward to get our bags, but I felt nauseous. If I remember I have a strong stomach. My face paled. I didn't want to admit it, but this is getting absurd. My current self fights the urge to throw up. 

'Motion sickness!'

"Hey, kid, don't tell me you want to vomit.

When she said vomit. I nodded my head many times.

"Ah! Wait a minute, kid! Come here! Vomit here!"

I spilled everything I ate a while ago. I remember now why I was like this. It has been a while since I rode a bus. My family uses the air. I only ride an airplane whenever we go somewhere far with my family.

'Why now?! '

The happiness I felt a while ago is gone. I conclude that I will never ride a bus again.

I feel like dying. A piece of advice is never to eat if you're going to ride a bus.

It took me a minute to settle down. Idetta gestured to me to sit down and contacted her mother. She said that her mother would fetch us. But she suggests that I rest first because of my sudden motion sickness. I agreed with her. So I slept again, ignoring the uncomfortable acid in my throat.

Rattle~

Déjà vu. I felt a soft chair, but we are moving, meaning I'm riding a car. I don't feel strange; I feel comfortable riding in a car. I still didn't open my eyes. I just waited until we arrived at our destination.

Thankfully, I didn't get alarmed because of the voice of Idetta. Although, there is a voice of an aunt's voice or something. I assume that it is the mother of Idetta. She said a while ago that her mother would fetch it. So yeah. I might sleep again, and I did.

HELGA'S (MONDELLI SIBLINGS GRANDMOTHER) POV

"Hello, my dear grandchildren!"